Control Room Assistant
Trailer ParkLondon, US
Full Time Job
TRAILER PARK GROUP
Trailer Park Group is a full-service agency specializing in content creation and entertainment marketing. By combining a storytelling expertise with large-scale production resources, Trailer Park is uniquely positioned to make, market and distribute content for its diverse client portfolio of major brands and top entertainment studios. With content creation at the center, we support our clients with strategy, creative and the latest in digital services.
The Control Room Assistant position at Trailer Park preps Theatrical and Home Entertainment Trailer and TV Spots for In and Out-of-House Finish. This person will also have some I/O duties but generally requires the person to perform more advanced tasks like transcoding assets for editorial use, managing the Nexis workspace, overcutting sequences with never and/or final media, doing shot requests, graphics requests, dailies assemblies, and preps for finish.
• Organization of folder structures, proper naming schemes, etc. of all digitalized footage kept on shared area network storage.
• Digitizing, compressing & converting footage for offline editorial use.
• Logging any pertinent information in FCP.
• Creation & organization of offline projects for editors.
• Creation of client presentation links
• Dialogue breakdowns
• Occasional editorial jobs (cutdowns/resizing/localization)
• Limited technical responsibilities for upkeep of short-term remote working.
• Range of support includes, but is not limited to, PC and Macintosh desktop hardware, operating systems, networking, Adobe production software as well as specific software applications associated with the department.
• Works closely with users and other and LA based support staff to ensure that the functionality and availability of the desktop devices and applicable software satisfies requirements.
• Ensure compliance to company standards and guidelines regarding client hardware and software support.
• 2 Years of experience preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere and AVID preferable.
• Understanding to Intermediate knowledge of Final Cut Pro 7
• Understanding of shared area network storage (ISIS/Unity/XSAN)
• Understanding of HD/SD formats, file and tape based deliveries
• Understanding of frame rates, conversions, & codecs
• Ability to communicate successfully with others
• Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, take direction, and give direction
• Must be very detailed oriented.
• Must be prompt with the ability to respond and prioritize quickly
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal, and listening.
• Must be able to communicate at various levels, appropriate to the audience.
• Excellent multi-tasking abilities. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• The candidate must be an exceptional problem solver.
• Self-motivated and driven.
• Levelheaded, calm and functions well under stress.
• Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations.
• Strong understanding of Post Production technology and workflow.
• Experience troubleshooting Mac and PC operating systems and software.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere and the Adobe Production Premium suite of tools.
• Experience administering Post Production Storage Systems like Avid Nexis, StorNext, Edit Share etc.
• Strong analytic, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, as they pertain to Mac and PC operating systems and software, A/V & associated systems.
• Good working knowledge of networking and IP workflows.
• Majority of the job is located inside the office, during regular hours of operation. Additional challenges may arise, at which time; Trailer Park may revise this job description.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.