Av Systems Technician
Trailer ParkHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
TRAILER PARK GROUP
Trailer Park Group is a full-service agency specializing in content creation and entertainment marketing. By combining a storytelling expertise with large-scale production resources, Trailer Park is uniquely positioned to make, market and distribute content for its diverse client portfolio of top entertainment studios and major brands. With content creation at the center, we support our clients with strategy, creative and the latest in digital services with offices in Hollywood and London.
We are looking for a AV Systems Technician whose skills and interests are focused primarily in post technology and workflow to join a team in supporting a large editorial AV department.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for installation, maintenance, and performance of systems hardware and software supporting an in-office and work-from-home environment. This position requires a thorough understanding of the post-production process for advertising, feature, and episodic workflows, and must be extremely organized. They will be expected to execute multiple projects in various stages of completion, simultaneously. We place a high degree of importance to detail, efficiency, and security.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Provide on premise and remote support for Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve editing and grading systems
• Support and maintain a large Avid Nexis and Isis storage environment
• Set up, move, monitor, and maintain equipment in editorial suites in an optimal running state
• Assist staff with troubleshooting data transfer and hardware related issues
• Troubleshoot video, audio, and network switching and routing infrastructure within facility as needed
• Source equipment and material from various vendors for upgrades, moves, and new system builds
• Document and maintain departmental procedures in a comprehensive manner for the benefit of entire technology team
• Support new hardware and software deployments including archiving, transcoding, and asset management
• 2-5 years of experience in a post-production engineering environment or equivalent experience preferred
• Bachelors in Computer Science, or comparable professional experience
• Experience with network protocols, routing, and switching
• Knowledge of MacOS, Linux, and Windows systems, desktop, server, and VM environments
• General knowledge of remote user interface and streaming protocols not limited to Elements, RGS, Teradici, etc.
• Experience with video signal standards and related infrastructure
• Understanding of network file sharing protocols; particularly NFS, SMB/CIFS and secure digital delivery mechanisms (WireDrive Aspera, etc.)
• Experience with public/private cloud and on prem based asset management systems
• Commitment to the tech life. This work should interest and motivate you. This is not a path to being an editor.
• Highly motivated, team-oriented, and excellent communication skills
• Sense of humor
• Calmly operating within a fast-paced, action-packed working environment.
• Ability to deal with customers and co-workers in a friendly and organized manner.
• This is an onsite role.
NICE TO HAVES
• ACSR Certification
• 2 years of technical support of Adobe or Avid editing systems.
• Any scripting or programming qualifications or skills
• Experience at other trailer houses.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.