Intern - Guest Services
Toyota CenterHouston, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Guest Services Intern (Spring 2022)
The intern will provide general support to the Guest Services Department in daily operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Assist with coordinating and providing administrative support to Guest Services Staff including staffing operations and scheduling.
• Assist with guest correspondence and special requests via email, telephone, and in person.
• Handle general office duties including data entry, answering/checking phone, mail and email, filing, and accounts payable.
• Maintain Toyota Center Tour Program, guides, scheduling, tours, etc.
• Assist with overseeing staff rewards programs.
• College student, junior or senior in related field preferred.
• The candidate should be self-motivated, organized, professional, and detail-oriented
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple essential tasks
• Must enjoy working with people and in a team environment.
• Flexibility to work long days, evenings, weekends, and holidays if necessary
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.