Intern - Event Operations, Full Season
Toyota Center / Houston RocketsHouston, TX
Part Time Unpaid Internship
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Assist with all third-party events at Toyota Center, including distributing credentials and assisting the Event Operations lead as needed.
• Assist the Event Operations staff on other projects as needed.
• Facilitate internal meetings in Toyota Center.
• Support event and production elements including production meetings, event details and maps, advancing concerts, pre-and post event inspections, etc.
• Provide general support of Event Operations Department in daily operations.
• Assist with special projects as assigned by the Director of Event Operations.
• Receptionist training and other special projects as outlined by the Houston Rockets & Toyota Center internship program
• Current college student or graduated within 6 months
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop
• Good interpersonal skills
• Eagerness to learn about the Event Production industry
• Flexible schedule, including availability to work nights, weekends, extended days and holidays
• Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
• Reliable form of transportation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed