Vice President - Post Production
Touchstone TelevisionBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
ABC Signature is one of the three television studios that comprise Disney Television Studios. The Post-Production team for ABC Signature oversees post-production for all TV content produced under the ABC Signature label. The Post-Production team partners closely with ABC Signature's Production, Creative, Business Affairs, Legal, Finance, Labor and Casting teams as well as with the Studio's third party creators, productions and vendors.
Reporting to the SVP Post-Production, Vice President, Post Production works on approximately 7-10 series and pilots from Pre-Production, through Production, Post Production and Delivery. (S)he supervises the Freelance Show Post Production Associate Producers, Editors, Post Supervisors, and Coordinators of specific pilots and series. The overall goal of the Vice President, Post Production is to evaluate the Script, Budget and Schedule of episodes, and ensure Delivery within those timelines and budgetary parameters. Equally important is the ability to work well with Filmmakers and other Corporate Executives by interacting with Studio Team Partners in Production, Creative, Finance, Legal, Business Affairs, Labor Relations, and Casting to resolve any outstanding issues and propel a project forward.
• Supervising the breakdown of the script
• Obtaining bids from Sound, Video , VSFX, and Avid vendors
• Comparing competitive bids for best price/talent
• Researching availability of Editorial talent and making Deals with Editors per Filmmaker and Studio request
• Tracking the status of rough cuts ensuring that the shows are meeting their session and delivery target dates
• Pro actively checking on show status and communicating any potential Financial, Creative, or Deadline problems to SVP of Post in a timely manner
• Attending Color Correction and Final Mix Sessions to ensure that the shows are being Post Produced within the signature Look and Sound of ABC Studios and Digital Platform or Broadcast client
• 5-7 yrs. serving in capacity of Post Executive, Co-Producer or Associate Producer on Dramatic Scripted Programming and Multi-Cam or Single Camera Comedy, and Pilots and Series versed in the following areas:
• Script Breakdown/Evaluation to determine Scope and estimated Post Production Costs including Labor, Sound, Picture, VSX, Stock Footage
• Competitive Bidding U.S., Canadian, European locations
• Budgeting both Pilot and Series U.S.
• Flexibility to travel to locations including but not limited to regions of US, Canada, Europe
• Creating Post Schedules for Digital Platform Launch and Broadcast Pilot and Series
• Evaluating Post Schedules for for potential Rush Post costs
• Familiarity with Alexa, Red, Sony F55, and various Digital Cameras from On Set Production Workflow through Production, Post , and Final Delivery
• Knowledge of 4k Post Production Workflow and Final Delivery for Streaming preferred
• Knowledge of Digital Production Management systems, including PIX, Scenechronize, DPO
• Great Communication skills with other Executive Team members i.e. Creative, Labor, Legal, Production, Finance
• Ability to resolve conflict and bring together consensus to a shared goal.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.