Manager, Backlot Services - Health & Safety Wdt
Touchstone TelevisionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/6/2020 7:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Manager, Backlot Services - Health & Safety Wdt jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Backlot Services - Health & Safety Wdt postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Backlot Services - Health & Safety Wdt? Manager, Backlot Services - Health & Safety (PH) – WDT
The Manager, Backlot Services - Health & Safety will ensure that all steps of securing and providing COVID-19 PPE supplies for the global needs of television production are implemented and maintained. As necessary this individual will assist the UPM and other department heads on-set of television productions with the overall COVID -19 program. The individual will receive training and technical guidance from a Production Safety Specialist concerning the COVID-19 program. This role will also assist set inventory in managing the various services the team provides to production. The Manager, Backlot Services - Health & Safety will report to the SR Manager, Backlot Services.
This is a Project Hire role with benefits.
• Manage a team consisting of employees, contractors, and third party labor/transportation crew
• Manage the team effort to order, inventory, package, ship/deliver globally PPE supplies
• Determines and ensures that productions are sufficiently supplied product to meet the health and safety standards on a daily basis in order to continue production
• Lead and escalate issues to SR Manager, Backlot Services
• Establish a daily routine with assigned coordinators to assist with implementation and monitoring of the program
• Work to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure as necessary
• Manage the set inventory storage and operations under the guidance of the Senior Manager.
• Assist with on-set inventory and storage procedures for film and television productions
• Periodically update the Set Rentals website
• Update the set inventory database and PPE supply inventory tracking
• Perform routine warehouse and PPE inventory audits
• Coordinates and organizes set storage for WDT productions
• Researches set requests for productions
• Provides production art departments with set drawings and pictures
• Archives and manages set information
• Schedules transportation, labor, and shipping/delivery requests as necessary
• Uploads inventory and transportation information
• Assists productions with warehouse resources
• Analyze and provide recommendations to the Senior Manager regarding inventory levels and production strikes.
• Assists the Senior Manager in the ongoing management of the WDT Studios warehouse facility
This position will provide (as needed) back-up on-set health & safety management support as follows:
• Lead COVID-19 health and safety planning in the workplace according to legal guidelines
• Determine requirements needed for each department to comply with guidelines
• Advise on best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19
• Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
• Ensure required health compliance training for all crew, talent, etc. is provided
• Enforce Studio policies and protocols in conjunction with production management
• Provide reports to management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
• Advise and guide to implement changes necessary asap
• Work closely with Set Medic when on set
• Work with departments to implement social distancing protocols for office/work spaces
• Stay current on new developments in health and safety to improve quality and efficiency of production processes
• Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
• Must be a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed
• Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
• Strong problem solver in a highly fast driven creative environment
• Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production schedule)
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Adapting to latest development of technical skills and industry knowledge
• OSHA and Military experience
• Experience working on set with feature or television production
• Experienced in warehouse management and product distribution
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.