Executive Director, Business Affairs
Touchstone TelevisionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/3/2021 9:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Director, Business Affairs jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Executive Director, Business Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Director, Business Affairs?
Full Time Job
ABC SIGNATURE, A GLOBAL LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT, SEEKS AN EXECUTIVE TO JOIN ITS BUSINESS AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT AS AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
• Structuring, negotiating, documenting, and managing the studio's transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors and actors), acquire underlying rights, and license the studio's content on all broadcast, basic and pay cable, and on-demand platforms.
• Working in a highly collaborative fashion with other Business Affairs and Legal Affairs members and members of Creative, Production, Production Finance, Programming, Acquisitions, Marketing, Brand Management, and Digital Media.
• Interfacing with the distribution arms of the Walt Disney Company in connection with the exploitation of studio content.
• Establishing and maintaining client relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy.
• Collaborating with Legal Affairs to get long-form agreements signed on a timely basis.
• Working with contracts administration on tracking of contractual options for properties and talent, payments, and deal summaries.
• Following ''best practices'' and contributing towards improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, departmental process and procedures, as well as great ideas and creative problem solving on deals and projects.
• Experience as a business affairs executive handling scripted programming for a US television studio or US television network.
• Proven track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-maker, with strong drafting abilities, exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Knowledge of guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law.
• Ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization, and time management skills, with keen attention to detail and the ability to execute against multiple high-priority projects.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated track record of holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
CA Bar membership
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.