Counsel, FX Networks Legal Affairs
Touchstone TelevisionBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of the Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) global entertainment and news television properties, owned television stations group, as well as radio and publishing businesses. This includes the ABC Television Network, ABC Owned Television Stations Group, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family and SOAPnet, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. The Radio Disney Network, Hyperion publishing, and the Company's equity interest in A&E Television Networks round out the Group's portfolio of media businesses.
In this role you will handle agreements and identify and resolve legal issues in connection with the network operations and initiatives of FX Networks, particularly with respect to its marketing, publicity, and promotional groups. Drafting, negotiating and advising on a wide variety of agreements and deals, including vendor master agreements and statements of work, licenses, releases, production-related agreements, digital agreements, cross-promotions, and sponsorships. Analyzing and advising in connection with legal rights and obligations, deal structure, guild agreements, intellectual property matters, claims, clearances, audits and other matters arising out of the day-to-day operations of television network(s). Providing solutions-oriented advice and subsequent review and approval for marketing output in all forms, including experiential activations, promotional goods, audiovisual pieces, co-branded content, social media activity, and more.
• Minimum of 3 years of combined experience at a law firm and/or network/studio.
• Experience at a television network or studio, transaction experience, and/or familiarity with marketing legal issues.
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high-volume projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional ability to respond to and interact with creative and business executives at all levels of seniority and any degree of familiarity with legal issues in a manner that is personable, professional, and useful.
• Exceptional facility with spotting issues, assessing and communicating risks, making common-sense decisions, and finding flexible/creative solutions to achieve business goals.
• Strong ability to work independently and to contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to curiosity, learning, and excellence.
• Enthusiasm for developing skills and experience alongside an evolving business with innovative ideas.
• Admission to California State Bar Association
• Juris Doctorate
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.