Traffic Producer - Reporter - Assignment Editor
Total Traffic & Weather Network MiamiMiramar, FL
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Traffic Producer - Reporter - Assignment Editor jobs in Miramar-FL
Search all Traffic Producer - Reporter - Assignment Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Traffic Producer - Reporter - Assignment Editor? Total Traffic & Weather Network Miami (TTWN) is looking for a full time Traffic Producer and Anchor for our TrafficNet, Sigalert TV, Radio and TV Stations.
7601 Riviera Boulevard
Miramar, FL 33023
- Detailed knowledge of Greater South Florida, including Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Treasure Coast Counties is a must.
- Monitor police and fire scanners, websites, local news, and dispatch pages for incidents that affect traffic.
- Contact local agencies to confirm roadway information.
- Monitor and use social media (Twitter, Instagram, etc) for real time traffic related content.
- Respond to tip line calls, and social media direct messages.
- Manage gathered information: keep all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate, current and track any changes.
- Dispatch traffic helicopter out to scenes.
- Assist anchors with how they present the current traffic information to listeners on air.
- Monitor and maintain a list of road work, local sporting events, parades, fairs, marathons, etc that can affect future traffic patterns.
- Candidate must be detail oriented, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and audio production software
- Knowledgeable with local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice excellent pronunciation
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, ''newsroom-like'' collaborative environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills proficient in grammar
- Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of police scanners a plus
- Bilingual Talents who can deliver broadcast quality English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
- Previous newsroom experience, dispatch, assignment desk, heavy local driving experience preferred.
- On-air radio, TV, audio or similar audio experience preferred
Knowledge of Social Media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram a must.
- Audio editing experience preferred, Goldwave & Adobe Audition or similar.
- A flexible schedule is required including split-shift, weekends and holidays.