Traffic Producer - Reporter - Assignment Editor
Total Traffic & Weather Network MiamiMiramar, FL
Full Time Job
Total Traffic & Weather Network Miami (TTWN) is looking for a full time Traffic Producer and Anchor for our TrafficNet, Sigalert TV, Radio and TV Stations.
7601 Riviera Boulevard
Miramar, FL 33023
- Detailed knowledge of Greater South Florida, including Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Treasure Coast Counties is a must.
- Monitor police and fire scanners, websites, local news, and dispatch pages for incidents that affect traffic.
- Contact local agencies to confirm roadway information.
- Monitor and use social media (Twitter, Instagram, etc) for real time traffic related content.
- Respond to tip line calls, and social media direct messages.
- Manage gathered information: keep all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate, current and track any changes.
- Dispatch traffic helicopter out to scenes.
- Assist anchors with how they present the current traffic information to listeners on air.
- Monitor and maintain a list of road work, local sporting events, parades, fairs, marathons, etc that can affect future traffic patterns.
- Candidate must be detail oriented, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and audio production software
- Knowledgeable with local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice excellent pronunciation
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, ''newsroom-like'' collaborative environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills proficient in grammar
- Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of police scanners a plus
- Bilingual Talents who can deliver broadcast quality English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
- Previous newsroom experience, dispatch, assignment desk, heavy local driving experience preferred.
- On-air radio, TV, audio or similar audio experience preferred
Knowledge of Social Media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram a must.
- Audio editing experience preferred, Goldwave & Adobe Audition or similar.
- A flexible schedule is required including split-shift, weekends and holidays.
Job Code: Req18110
Good luck! Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online