Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Toronto International Film FestivalToronto, ON
Full Time Job
Manager, Corporate Partnerships (Accounts)
Submission Deadline: Thursday, December 20, 2018
TIFF is a charitable, cultural organization dedicated to presenting the best of international and Canadian cinema and creating transformational experiences for film lovers and creators of all ages and backgrounds in our home - TIFF Bell Lightbox. Our mission: To transform the way people see the world, through film.
TIFF is committed to embracing diversity and treating all individuals with respect, dignity and fairness by removing physical, social and economic barriers to participation.
We are currently hiring for the position of:
Manager, Corporate Partnerships (Accounts)
The Corporate Partnerships Team is responsible for generating revenue opportunities for TIFF, including TIFF Bell Lightbox year-round and the Toronto International Film Festival. Reporting to a Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, this is one of eight account holder positions, responsible for maintaining and developing a specified portfolio of corporate partners.
• Partner Stewardship:
• Provide strategic leadership for a portfolio of mid-to-high level accounts, including supporting on one of TIFF's Major accounts, ensuring that the business objectives of both TIFF and corporate partners are achieved
• Create and recommend the development of unique and exciting film-focused promotional initiatives to enhance partners' involvement with TIFF
• Ensure all terms of partnership agreements are fulfilled and that the highest level of account service is delivered
• Work collaboratively with all relevant TIFF departments to implement and fulfill promotional initiatives by partners, ensuring deliverables are met against partner agreements, including appropriate logo placement and crediting
• Lead or advise on initiatives to improve systems and processes supporting TIFF's ability to generate revenue and manage partner relationships effectively
• Ensure that a record of all contractual benefit terms is captured in the partner database and communicated to other departments throughout TIFF
• Ensure Welcome packages and post event analysis packages are distributed to each partner in a timely fashion
• Build positive relationships with all corporate partners
• Work closely with sales team to ensure smooth transition in the handover of new partners
• Ensure confidentiality of all corporate partnership contracts and agreements
• Track, report and contribute to expense/revenue budget management
• Maintain appropriate levels of renewal and upsells as set out in annual Performance Agreement
• For partner renewal, analyze benefits vs. partnership value on annual basis and make recommendations regarding pricing and benefits
• Identify and present new partnership opportunities for current partners that bring additional value to TIFF and the partner
• Ensure that legal documentation exists to reflect all mutually agreed upon terms of the partnerships
• Ensure that invoice requests are sent out in a timely manner
Prospecting & Sales Support – as required/assigned:
• Lead a comprehensive sales outreach process for up to 2 categories, with support from partnership sales team.
• Develop and execute a sales programme including sales calls, meetings, and proposal development, that support annual departmental revenue targets and that is coordinated with existing sponsor and category exclusivity agreements and/or renewal negotiations.
• Support the partnership sales team in new business meetings and idea generation
Department Operations and Team Responsibilities:
• Lead the development, planning and execution of corporate partner deliverables, specifically relating to the below and other tasks as assigned:
• -Welcome Package creation
• -Management and creation of the annual Corporate Partner survey
• -Management of data bank for team partner results
• -Hospitality suite during Festival
• Attend and participate in weekly Accounts team meetings and monthly Corporate Partnerships meetings
• Contribute ideas to ensure team targets are met
• Maintain easily accessible files
• Attend weekly meetings with Senior Manager
• Oversee/track revenue and expenses for your account and team activities in liaison with manager and ensure all annual targets are met within budget
• Work with Accounting to ensure invoices are paid by partners before benefits are released
• Understand that all partner contracts are confidential and are not to be copied or leave TIFF property.
• Minimum three years of sponsorship or relevant relationship management experience (or equivalent experience in a related field will be considered)
• Related post-secondary education
• Proven track record of successfully servicing clients, establishing and growing client relationships
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to quality customer service
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Confidence and persuasiveness in presenting and up-selling to existing partners
• Ability to follow a lead generation, prospecting and sales cycle process in order to meet new business revenue goals
• Self-motivated; works independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Provide direction and support in effectively delegating tasks to volunteers, Interns and Seasonal staff where appropriate.
• Negotiating skills and ability to diplomatically work with multiple stakeholders
• Imaginative and Innovative problem solver
• Experience with CRM an asset
• Experience with digital ad-serving / Google Ad Manager an asset
• Experience in an agency setting an asset
• Adaptable to a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
• January 2019
How to Submit & Application Deadline
• Please submit cover letter, resumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references as one (1) PDF or Word document, by 5pm on THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2019.
• All applications must be submitted online through the posting found on our website
• Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
TIFF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.