Weekend Reporter / Editor
Today DigitalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Want to work with one of America's most trusted and loved brands? As one of the biggest brands in the lifestyle space with more than 50M unique visitors, TODAY Digital is looking forward to our biggest year of growth yet. With a significant investment in the future, we're innovating and creating new ways to help audiences live better, more informed, happier, and healthier lives.
TODAY Digital is looking for an energetic weekend reporter/editor to join their editorial team. The ideal candidate is confident as both a reporter and editor, and is flexible wearing either hat as needed; is well-versed in entertainment and celebrity culture; has their pulse on conversations happening across social media and the web; and isn't afraid to lean into a voice-y or conversational headline.
This role is Wednesday €'' Sunday, 8am-4pm
This position is represented by the News Guild.
The right candidate should:
• Be versatile. You must be able to easily flex between topics like hard news, pop culture, health, parenting, food and more.
• Have a gut instinct for a good story. You're decisive on angles and assignments.
• Seamlessly craft headlines that resonate with audiences with a knack for finding a hook into a piece.
• Be quick and accurate: Typos drive you crazy. Factual errors keep you up at night.
• Understand sourcing and outreach. Have a knack for reaching the right sources quickly and getting reporting or quotes to push the story forward.
• Speak fluent Instagram and Facebook. Be comfortable framing stories for and posting them to our social media platforms.
• Have experience in broadcast news or a working familiarity with how a TV news program is put together.
• Speak fluent Instagram and Facebook. Be comfortable framing stories for and posting them to our social media platforms, identifying the content that will resonate with our audience and lend itself to being widely shared.
• 4 years of editing experience in a newsroom
• Expertise in managing social platforms
• Must be based in New York or LA
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.