Social Media Producer
Today DigitalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2022 6:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Social Media Producer postings
Full Time Job
Social Media Producer, West Coast - TODAY Digital
Want to work with one of America's most loved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team is a force of creativity, imagination and collaboration. We're currently looking for an eager and creative Social Media Editor to join our innovative social team. This person will report to TODAY's Senior Social Media Editor and will be responsible for helping drive TODAY's social platforms -- with a special focus on Facebook and Twitter -- while driving the brand forward to the next generation of audiences.
• Write and edit social copy across TODAY-branded social platforms, with special attention to grammar, spelling and accuracy in a fast paced environment
• Work with editorial and engagement teams to edit and optimize social headlines from written articles
• Manage most breaking and exclusive news during west coast hours with a special focus publishing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Maintain focus and accuracy during high-pressure news situations
• Use analytics to see how our platforms are performing against KPIs and brainstorm ideas to help reach new audiences to meet those goals
• Collaborate on new and innovative social projects to bring in new audiences for the TODAY brand
• Manage relationships with broadcast teams to think creatively about broadcast and social integrations, series and projects
• Coordinate with producers on show teams, site programming, and marketing, especially the day before major, exclusive broadcast moments
• Effortlessly communicate day-to-day social tasks across the newsroom
• In free time, help prep evergreen social assets and videos and larger projects
• On certain occasions, attend in-person events to capture social moments, such as red carpets and junkets
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
• Bachelor's Degree in communication, journalism or a similar relevant field of study or equivalent years relevant working experience
• 3 years working on a social team in a newsroom environment, including experience with breaking news and dedicated social publishing experience.
• Demonstrated experience with managing breaking news and packaging/publishing on social media accounts for a news outlet
• Basic knowledge of video editing and Photoshop
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Willingness to work west coast (LA-based) hours
• Active awareness of TODAY personalities and brands
• Knowledge of latest trends in the social media space and an understanding of how to optimize content across platforms
• A drive to innovate and think creatively across text, video and photo
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to prioritize while multitasking
• Experience with live television production and comfortability working with talent and on live studio sets
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but highly rewarding news environment
• Comfort being an independent self-starter, but also part of a multi-location, multi-time zone team
• Experience as a site producer or similar digital media experience
• Exceptional and proven expertise in detail-orientated copywriting