Social Media Producer, Today Digital
Today DigitalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/29/2021 1:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Producer, Today Digital jobs in New York-NY
Search all Social Media Producer, Today Digital postings
Full Time Job
Want to work with one of Americaâ€™s most loved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team is a force of creativity, imagination and collaboration. We're currently looking for an eager and creative Social Media Producer to join our innovative social team. This role will report to TODAYâ€™s Managing Editor of Social & Video Publishing and will be responsible for helping to drive TODAYâ€™s social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok, and drive the brand forward to the next generation of audiences.
• Create, write and edit social posts for optimization across our various social platforms, including social headline writing and post copy. This includes content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
• Ensure that social media copy is flawlessly composed, with special attention to grammar and spelling.
• Maintain focus and accuracy during breaking news and high-pressure news situations; keeping as many platforms as active as possible while news happens
• Look at analytics to see how our platforms are performing against KPIs and brainstorm ideas to help reach new audiences to meet those goals.
• Collaborate on new and innovative social projects to bring in new audiences for the TODAY brand, with a focus on Instagram and TikTok.
• Manage relationships with broadcast teams to think creatively about broadcast and social integrations, series and projects
• Coordinate with producers on show teams, site programming, and marketing
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree in communication, journalism or a
similar relevant field of study
• 4 years editing in a newsroom environment, including
experience with breaking news, video editing, and
dedicated social publishing experience.
• Demonstrated experience with managing breaking news,
video editing, and packaging/publishing on social media
accounts for a news outlet(s)
Additional Job Requirements:
• Willingness to work east coast (NY-based) hours
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• A passion for social and digital media, and following
latest trends in the social media space
• A drive to innovate and think creatively across text, video
• An understanding of how to optimize content for each
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to
prioritize while multitasking.
• Prior experience in video editing is preferred.
• Comfortable working with talent and on live studio sets
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but
highly rewarding news environment
• Comfort being an independent self-starter, but also part
of a multi-location, multi-time zone team
• Experience analyzing social and site analytics, and
• Experience with live television production
• Experience as a site producer or similar digital media
• Active awareness of TODAY personalities and brands
• Exceptional and proven expertise in detail-orientated