Today DigitalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Producer, Today Digital
TODAY Digital is looking for a highly skilled producer to join our team to produce captivating live segments and stunning original video pieces for our digital platforms including the TODAY All Day stream and TODAY Digital on web, mobile and social platforms .
We are looking for someone who understands the TODAY brand and can bring that sensibility to each production. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an iconic media brand and exercise creativity as we extend our footprint and voice into the digital space.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
The ideal candidate will be a strong producer who has a proven track record of creating energy-filled live segments to gorgeous, well written, and addictive feature videos. From moving human interest pieces to celebrity interviews to engaging lifestyle content (wellness, consumer, food), this role requires a strong, versatile producer capable of efficiently completing live and tape spots and working with talent. This person will create segments and videos for the TODAY All Day streaming channel and must be able to own the entire process from conceptualization to publication on TODAY All Day, TODAY.com, social, and across partners, as well as adapt to emerging platforms and opportunities.
TODAY All Day original video offerings range from hacks & how-tos in each section to sit-down interviews and short feature narratives. The ideal candidate for this role will bring exceptionally strong writing skills, enthusiasm and energy to each project. We're looking for someone who can conceptualize great ideas and not only work with our editors to transform their ideas into new streaming shows but also elevate existing content into franchises that can dominate the lifestyle space.
Our producer should be able to multitask and produce multiple videos per month. Efficiency, adaptability and strong writing skills are a must.
• 5 years of experience producing video for broadcast
and/or digital platforms
• Experience producing lifestyle content, with and without
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Must have a strong aesthetic eye and cinematic
• Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital
video as a distinct form of content
• Ability to multitask and adapt to evolving priorities.
• Ability to write a strong script with limited revisions
• Collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
• Self-starter who can book and produce complex shoots
and meet deadlines.
• Experience managing freelance crews, including
shooters, food stylists and assistant producers
• Ambitious and driven to succeed, but also excited to
learn new equipment, techniques and processes.
• Imaginative and creative producer who is comfortable
completely reinventing existing franchises and inventing
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to manage many
projects moving along at different deadline speed