Health Reporter, Today Digital
Today DigitalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Want to work with one of Americaâ€™s most beloved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team is a force of creativity, imagination and collaboration. Weâ€™re currently looking for a strong and creative health reporter to join our brilliant health team. The ideal candidate will have a trusted passion in all things health and wellness with proven expertise. The role will be responsible for covering both news and lifestyle health content while driving the brand forward to the next generation of audiences.
• Contribute to TODAY Digitalâ€™s health vertical in a fast-paced newsroom.
• Drive the daily conversation with fresh takes in the health and wellness space
• Pitch content that maximizes buzz and social reach, leading rather than chasing trending coverage across platforms.
• Run cross-platform projects that may have text and multimedia elements on air, online and on social and newsletter platforms.
• Monitor breaking news stories and audience appetite and responding with a take or angle relevant to our brand.
• Work closely with broadcast bookers, producers and correspondents to tell stories across the brandâ€™s platforms in additive ways.
• Be quick and accurate: Typos drive you crazy. Factual errors keep you up at night. You stay calm under pressure, think fast and turn solutions around quickly. Youâ€™re familiar and have worked with AP Style.
• Have a gut instinct for a good story. Youâ€™re decisive on angles and assignments, and you write in a fun, clear, TODAY-friendly voice. If you love to spot a story as itâ€™s going viral and have a great sense of what will turn into a talker before itâ€™s all over the internet, this is the job for you.
• 5 years of writing/editing experience on the health beat.
• A portfolio of skills: Strong and fast writing and editing;
clever and SEO-friendly tactics.
• Appreciation for TODAYâ€™s broad range of topics and
personalities â€'' from hard news to entertainment to
lifestyle, celebrities and newsmakers to ordinary
individuals, with a good grasp of topics and stories of
high interest to women and young families â€'' is required.
• A gut instinct for a good story. Youâ€™re decisive on angles
and assignments and write in a fun, clear TODAY-friendly
voice. If you love to spot a story as itâ€™s going viral and
have a great sense of what will turn into a talker before
itâ€™s all over the internet, this is the job for you.
• This job is located in New York City. The shift will be
Monday to Friday, with regular coverage for holidays and
• Beyond excellent journalistic chops, you must bring a
work hard, play hard mentality to our newsroom.
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to
prioritize while multitasking.
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but
highly rewarding news environment.
• Comfort being an independent self-starter, but also part
of a multi-location, multi-time zone team.
• Active awareness of TODAY personalities and brands
• A robust and diverse source list built out surrounding the
• Speaks fluent Instagram, TikTok and Facebook, and has
ideas for how to harvest and promote stories on social
• Savvy with CrowdTangle, Domo and Chartbeat: You use
analytics to help guide story selection and pivot based on