Today DigitalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Editor, Shop Today
TODAY Digital, the multiplatform arm of America's favorite morning show, is looking for a freelance Associate Editor to help refresh our evergreen shopping coverage and gift guides.
The Associate Editor will be responsible for refreshing Shop TODAY's library of evergreen content including performing market research for new products, fact-checking and revising existing copy and optimizing coverage based on search trends. They should also assist with identifying new opportunities to expand and improve coverage with in-depth reporting to ensure articles are comprehensive and accurate.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with making editorial decisions based on long-term search trends and reader-driven analytics. The ideal candidate should also have a strong understanding of the digital lifestyle realm, along with a keen interest and comprehension of SEO.
• Revise existing coverage and gift guides, including conducting market research to replace old information
• Assign and edit evergreen refreshes and gift guides based on search trends
• Support the editorial team in article production and refreshes when needed, especially during high-traffic shopping events
• Contribute to the growth of Shop TODAY by brainstorming new ways to engage readers with product improvements and commerce story angles
• 1 year of editing experience, preferably in the editorial lifestyle space
• Keen understanding of SEO best practices
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced online environment with quick turnaround times
• Ability to edit quickly and accurately
• Interest in shopping and lifestyle trends (fashion, beauty, home, etc.) that will resonate with TODAY readers
• A wide network of freelancers a plus
• Commerce experience a plus
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.