Tippett StudioBerkeley, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for FX Animator jobs in Berkeley-CA
The FX Animator works collaboratively in a high-end software and production team environment using dynamic and procedural systems to create natural phenomenon (smoke, fire, cloth, etc.) and other visual effects.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Creates effects that reflect physical dynamics of natural phenomena and other visual effects to create a believable world for the story as directed by the FX lead or VFX supervisor.
• Develops techniques and tools to produce elements for rendering and compositing, and supports them throughout production..
• Participates as a team member in determining various design and technical solutions.
• Participates in dailies and other meetings as required by production and management.
• Initiates dialogue and assumes responsibility for assigned work.
• Works with developers and/or R&D on new tools, while providing feedback in a timely manner.
• Consistently meets production, management and FX Animation team goals and deadlines in an expedient and efficient manner.
• Proficient in Maya and/or Houdini.
• Experience with the following: dynamic systems, including destruction techniques; particle systems, rigid body dynamics, volume rendering, cloth, fluid dynamics and other advanced techniques for the creation of natural phenomenon and other visual effects.
• Strong application scripting skills. Python scripting knowledge preferred. Knowledge with one or more additional scripting languages a plus. C++ / Maya API experience helpful. Linux experience required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team and take direction professionally.
• Ability to approach work with critical thought, analytical skills and solution-based focus.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Two or more years of production experience with working knowledge of FX production pipelines.
• Background in Art and traditional animation strongly preferred.
• Renderman and Katana experience preferred.