Digital Production Manager
Tippett StudioBerkeley, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have a need for a Digital Production Manager.
Digital Production Manager
The Digital Production Manager is responsible for the scheduling and management of all aspects of digital production for feature film visual effects.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• With the Producer, creates a schedule for all phases of production and works with the Senior Creative Resource Manager to assign digital artists to the project.
• Maintains task assignments for the artist teams; revises schedule and assignments based on creative and/or technical changes to project.
• Tracks the progress of the project and maintains shot and show percentage complete information.
• Works with the CG Supervisor to create processor, software, and disk space requirements for the project.
• Provides information to the Producers to support with bidding and change orders.
• Provides direction to Production Coordinators and the crew.
• Oversee production databases and mentors other production staff in the shot planning process.
• Participates in project post-mortems; identifies and documents action items for the production team.
Qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
• 5+ years' experience in production for a VFX feature film with experience managing a large crew (50+ employees).
• Ability to effectively run a show schedule while negotiating tight deadlines and dealing with the pressures of show production.
• Must possess strong collaboration skills, and be able to effectively lead others to follow the established show schedule.
• Must have a working knowledge of CG post-production techniques and terminology. Shotgun experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Must have strong experience with project scheduling tools, database tools, and production management software.
• Must have the ability to efficiently juggle multiple tasks within a deadline-driven environment.
• Bachelor's degree in film, art, communications or related field is required.
Tippett Studio is a unique, Academy Award winning, full service visual effects company that specializes in CG character animation for movies and television commercials. Founded in 1984 by Phil Tippett, the Studio now employs over 150 talented artists and technicians in Berkeley, California.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel. You may contact us at:
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, DPM
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online