Tippett StudioBerkeley, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for CG Painter jobs in Berkeley-CA
The CG Painter is responsible for the creation and application of textures as well as setting shader parameters to achieve surface qualities needed in the completion of assets used in production.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Creates and applies textures necessary to execute the desired effect of a creature and/or object as directed by the paint lead or art Director.
• Creates and maintains texture maps and command files.
• Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions.
• Establishes surface textures and prepares shots for lighting.
• Participates in dailies and other meetings as required by production and management.
• Initiates dialogue and assumes responsibility for assigned work.
• Presents ideas about improving work and/or workflow; identifies problems and proposes solutions.
• Consistently meets production, management and paint team goals and deadlines in an expedient and efficient manner.
• Possess strong composition skills as well as fine arts skills, such as illustration, painting, and/or sculpting skills.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop, Mari, and Maya.
• Strong technical knowledge of shader attributes as relating to Renderman.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team and take direction professionally.
• Strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
• Familiarity with VFX pipelines and work flows.
• Experience with Linux and Renderman.
• Knowledge of Katana a plus.
• Familiarity with film post production techniques and computer graphics techniques preferred.