Finishing Assistant Editor
Tiny HeroBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
PLEASE NOTE: This position is strictly for working in Tiny Hero's Post Department, it is not a stepping stone to becoming an editor.
*PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST OF QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities. He/she will have a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, effective communication, and the ability to exercise good judgment and initiative.
He/she will work closely with other AEs, under the direct supervision of the Post Producer, ensuring that all projects are finished, QCed, exported to spec, and delivered efficiently, accurately, and on time. This candidate should have a long-term interest in post-production and finishing.
- Must be organized, diligent and extremely detail-oriented.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced, small team environment with hard deadlines.
- Ability to manage time and plan according to tight deadlines.
- Basic understanding of frame rates (23.98p, 29.97p, 29.97i, 59.94p, etc.), timecode (drop frame, non-drop frame), aspect ratios (1.33, 1.78, 1.85, 2.39), resolutions (1280x720, 1920x1080, 2K, 4K).
- Basic understanding of audio bit depth (16bit, 24bit), sample rate (44.1kHz, 48kHz), codecs (AAC, Linear PCM), common track layouts (stereo, 5.1, split), and audio formats (WAV, AIF, mp3, m4a).
- Knowledge of various audio specs such as Stereo Mix, 5.1 Mix, DME splits, and CALM compliant.
- Knowledge of digital video codecs including ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 4444, H.264, DNxHD, Photo JPEG and bit rates (ex: 6Mbit/s vs 100Mbit/s).
- Experience with video conversion tools (Quicktime Pro, Apple Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder) and understanding of the .mov and .mp4 wrappers.
- Ability to troubleshoot potential A/V digital media issues or problems.
- Understanding of basic editing concepts/creative editorial.
- Professional Assistant Editorial experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, and take and comprehend direction.
- Download, digitize, convert, organize, and manage assets, and alert team.
- Manage server, file structure, and project workflow.
- Prep and organize premiere projects for editors.
- QC cuts to clients.
- Work with Producer to send cuts to the client via FTP (Wiredrive, Dropbox, Hightail, etc.)
- Create stringouts for the editorial team.
- Create scripts and music cue sheets for trailers/spots.
- Transcribe shows and features.
- Overcut with final picture and sound.
- Read and comprehend finishing memos and deliverable spec sheets, and create final documents.
- Perform quality control on all final slates, video footage, graphics, and audio tracks.
- Export and convert files to required specs.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online