Full Time Job
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we're a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are seeking Technical Writer contributes to the company's success by acquiring product knowledge with the express purpose of creating concise, accurate documentation for a particular audience. The writer's deliverable may introduce, summarize, advise, update, or instruct. A deliverable's audience may be external to the company (product end users or business prospects, for example), or internal to the company (product support representatives, software developers, or technical leads, for example).
• Create and revise reference and procedural documentation, product release notes, technical advisories, and related client communications – in 'for print' and online formats
• Research products, features, processes, industry concepts and technologies – using product requirements and design specifications, hands-on product research, test cases, interviews, and related resources
• Design deliverables to audience, matching medium to message, content scope to purpose
• Guide deliverables through content reviews, revisions, and approvals
• Contribute and adhere to documentation style guide and procedures
• Collaborate with software engineers, analysts, designers, system administrators, product managers, product support staff, and other business stakeholders
• Provide feedback on the deliverables of other Technical Writers
• Provide editorial assistance to Marketing, Product Design, and other departments as needed
• Report project statuses regularly and proactively as needed
• Participate in project team meetings, product requirements meetings, and other meetings as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Adhere to all company standards, including security protocols and accurate time tracking
• 5 years full-time experience with ''Technical Writer,'' ''Technical Editor,'' or a comparable job title
• B.A./B.S. in writing, communications, or a comparable discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Professional grade writing skills – grammatically sound, organized, precise, purposeful language
• Process experience – systematic, iterative, version-controlled, and quality-controlled output
• Authoring tool experience - FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Flare, or comparable tools (experience with the Microsoft Office suite is assumed)
• Production experience – the mechanics of styles, templates, layout & design
• Image editing experience - Photoshop, GIMP, Visio, SnagIt, or similar tools
• Time management skills – work to a schedule, adjust scope, and manage shifting priorities
• Technical aptitude – digest complexity, discern assumptions, and create clarity, in-scope
• Experience with software development methodologies – issue management systems and software development life cycles
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Initiative – overcome challenges with minimal supervision, practice regular and continued self-education
• Interpersonal skills – rapport-building, productive interactions with a wide range of SMEs, all levels of employees; willingness and patience to teach others
• Due to the cyclical nature and delivery of software projects, remote evening and weekend work may be required (via high speed home Internet access)
• Distributed Systems, ecommerce, and mobile technologies
• API documentation
• HTML, CSS, web development
• Drupal or other CMS
• Agile development
Candidates must have a portfolio of technical writing samples and software documentation experience.