Tickets.ComCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we're a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are seeking a Software Engineer who will be an essential contributor within the project team, focusing on development of new products & features. This engineer will be responsible for creating and modifying Angular and AngularJS applications through Test Driven Development (TDD) following our best practices and workflows. Their primary focus will be client side with an emphasis on layout, design, and cross platform/device performance. With main duties that include creating modules and components for our existing application. The artistic design and detailed requirements will be provided though it will be the responsibility of the engineer to take that and ensure it is implemented to our standard, is consistent throughout the application, and is fully tested. They will work in a team with other front end developers, across other teams with back-end developers, with quality assurance, and product management all in various time zones.
This person can work from our Costa Mesa, CA office or Syracuse, NY office.
• Test Driven Develop medium to large software modules
• Participate in team meetings
• Analyze, interpret and make decisions affecting work methods and procedures within an overall program
• Participates in the development of larger modules which may also include requirements analysis, architectural design, or detailed design tasks under the direction of a more experienced engineer
• Write detailed and accurate development documentation
• Utilize Git for source control
• Install and configure software development tools
• Estimate the complexity of a task as requested
• Resolve complex software problems/bugs via advanced debugging techniques
• Follow all company standards & policies
• Experienced with CSS/Less, HTML, AngularJS, Angular, or another front-end framework.
• Familiar with Unit Tests and the importance of Test Driven Development
• Ability to work both individually and in team environments.
• Be able to articulate and communicate effectively, both in written and oral formats.
• Knowledge of CSS techniques such as: CSS Grid and Flexbox is a plus
• Experience with WCAG, Analytics, SEO, or 3rd party APIs and Payment Providers is also a plus
• Work independently with little supervision
• Practice regular and continued self-education
• Be passionate about quality and problem solving
• Teach others
No Relocation Assistance Provided