Senior Software Engineer
Tickets.ComCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Software Engineer Front End Focused
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in our Costa Mesa office who be an essential individual contributor within a project team, focusing on development of new products & features. This engineer will design, code and test medium to large software modules as they apply to a specific product. They will also perform requirements analysis, create functional designs, and detailed design specifications as they relate to the implementation of the software.
Essential Job Functions:
• Design, code, and test medium to large software modules
• Own short term planning of IT projects and programs, creating the requirements analysis, functional design, and detailed technical design specifications as they relate to the implementation of a software module
• Participate in the development of larger modules which may also include collaboratively authoring requirements analysis, architectural designs, or detailed design tasks under the direction of a more experienced engineer
• Write technical documentation
• Develop software using at least one programming language and platform
• Utilize source control tools and related build mechanisms
• Install and configure software development tools and/or operating systems
• Debug and correct problems in existing software
• Estimate the complexity of a certain task and an appropriate schedule
• Provide direction to less experienced engineers
• Resolve complex software problems/bugs via advanced debugging techniques
• Follow all company standards, including the software coding standards document
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
• At least five (5) years of Java programming experience, object oriented analysis, design and programming
• Candidate must have in depth knowledge of JBoss or similar J2EE container, Hibernate or another O/R mapping tool, native JDBC concepts and implementations
• Candidate must have extensive hands-on experience with Spring MVC, JSP, JSTL, and related Java web container technologies
• Candidate must have extensive hands-on experience working with dynamic web sites/pages, utilizing AJAX/REST & JSON to support interactive displays without page refreshes.
• Candidate must have strong skills in HTML, CSS, etc
• Candidate must have strong troubleshooting skills in web/browser technologies, the controller/MVC layer, through to the middle-tier EJB layer.
• Candidate must be very detailed focused with an emphasis on quality and complete end-to-end testing.
• Candidate must be able to reverse engineer functional behavior/interactions via review of existing code, while transforming that code to newer technology / packages.
• Experience in Oracle or other DBMS systems, very fluent in SQL & DML constructs helpful
• Box Office Management or other ticketing experience a plus
• Ability to interface with all levels of employees
• Specifically to work cooperatively with software engineers, system administrators, product managers and other stakeholders
• Ability to work both independently with little supervision and in a team environment
• Experience as a group leader a plus
• Must have a willingness and patience to teach others
• Must be articulate and communicate effectively, both in written and oral formats, with a specific ability to author and communicate technical designs and documentation
• Must practice regular & continued self-education
• Exercise troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
• Ability to maintain and meet schedules
• All other duties as assigned
• Remote evening and weekend work as required including having home internet access
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• How did you hear about this job?
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we're a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.