Senior Settlements Analyst
Tickets.ComCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we're a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are seeking a Senior Settlements Analyst to work from our Costa Mesa office who will be responsible for managing, reconciling, evaluating and reporting client settlement data utilizing a contractual rules based database. They will assist in analyzing data, recommending improvements and helping to develop a modern, streamlined settlement/billing system.
This position requires a detail oriented, hands-on individual, who thrives on data analysis and process improvement.
• Calculate client settlements, ensuring compliance with contract terms.
• Develop techniques to identify, extract, and analyze data to support business decisions.
• Utilize new and existing software platforms such as Tableau, Jasper, SQL, etc. to assist and support the development of new settlement technology.
• Identify opportunities to standardize (reporting, settlements process).
• Analyze and resolve transaction variances during the settlement reconciliation process.
• Reconcile and validate settlement received against settlement paid out to clients as per contracts.
• Research and resolve out of balance accounts.
• Identifies areas for efficiency improvements.
• Fully document work processes and activities.
• Prepare weekly Automatic Clearing House (ACH), wire, and check requests.
• Generate and process A/P, A/R, G/L, and accrual entries on a weekly basis.
• Prepare daily settlement account reconciliations.
• Interact with other departments and locations within Tickets.com to ensure functionality of new features, account credits, and refunds.
• Evaluate cross functional practices in order to streamline efforts, identify redundancies, automate processes and eliminate unnecessary tasks.
• Optimize workflows and business processes and recommend efficiencies to improve productivity.
• Special Projects and all other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years of work experience involving analysis, statistics, and/or strategy.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Statistics, Computer Science, or closely related field.
• Excellent Excel skills.
• Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significhandsant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to create, implement, and manage business processes.
• Proficiency in one or more of the analytic tools (e.g. Tableau, Jasper, etc.).
• Demonstrate knowledge of data modeling, and/or SQL.
• Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) databases.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with both technical and business minded professionals.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self-starter with excellent skills in organization, prioritization, and follow-through.