Quality Assurance Engineer
Tickets.ComCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we're a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to work from our Costa Mesa, CA office who will be responsible for the overall quality of our ticketing systems. The primary responsibilities include designing and implementing tests working with different groups within SDLC and offshore teams. You will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we'd like to meet you.
• Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing activities.
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs within JIRA.
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Communicates testing priorities to the Off-shore testing team on a daily basis.
• Ensures that the Off-shore QA resources are following established QA procedures.
• Provides support to the Off-shore testing team on a daily basis.
• Reviews all off the defects and enhancement requests entered by the Off-shore testing team to confirm that the issues are reproducible, follows standard reporting procedures, and has enough information for the triage team to make an appropriate assessment.
• Attends weekly issue management meetings and provides detailed information on issues entered by the QA team.
• Provides timely support and guidance to Offshore QA Lead and resources to resolve all functional and technical issues.
• Identifies vulnerabilities in functional testing and defines and manages plan to bridge the same in each product.
• Provides timely and accurate status for the assigned product line.
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience is required.
• A minimum of seven (7) years hands-on QA experience is required.
• A minimum of four (4) years working closely with an Off-shore QA team is required.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
• Knowledge of ticketing systems is a strong plus.
• Excellent communication skills are required.
• Experience testing a public facing web based application is required.
• Exceptional organizations skills are required.
• Knowledge of relational database technology and the ability to develop simple SQL statements to query our test databases is required.
• Must be a detail-oriented individual.
If you think you're a good fit for the position and the team, we'd love to hear from you!
Tickets.com is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.