Product Management Specialist
Tickets.ComCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Product Management Specialist who will play a crucial role in the product and partner management program areas working with various internal and external resources in the implementation of goals in the assigned product area(s).
The position requires a thorough understanding of the ticketing industry, market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field in similar product areas.
The Product Management Specialist will be responsible for onboarding and support of registered developers. In addition, the Product Management Specialist will be assigned product planning and product requirements for specific features and projects related to the ongoing product roadmaps.
• Analyze industry/market trends, technology trends and competitive offerings and identify opportunities to generate incremental revenue from existing partnerships
• Develop outstanding relationships with existing partnerships.
• Assist in the development and operation of the Registered Developer Program
• Assist in the setup and operation of the Partner Portal to support the Registered Developer Program including the ongoing operation of an 'API Sandbox' environment
• Technical coordination and support of current and new platform partners
• Including implementing consulting services and/or the coordination of these activities with other resources within the company
• Understand technology trends and assess viability for use in Tickets.com products
• Contribute to the buy, build, partner evaluation process
• Provide a point-of-contact for external resources on an as-needed basis for ongoing product management needs, for example coordination with third party vendors and interaction with external clients
• Assist as requested in the product release planning processes
• Research and identify requirements through the interaction with various groups, including but not limited to:
• Product Strategy and Product Marketing
• Product Development (Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, and System Engineering)
• External resources, including current clients, prospects, and new markets
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
• Deliver and/or coordinate the delivery of various artifacts, most notably Product Requirements Documents (PRDs), including detailed business requirements, functional requirements, and use cases. Product Requirements Documents are written using standard templates in natural language
• Coordinate needed design and product implementations with User Experience Designers and Software Engineers. This will include collaboration with other subject matter experts as necessary to maintain the product vision, while analyzing various trade-offs with usability and performance needs against constraints such as available resources and schedule milestones
• Coordinate all necessary adjustments to existing Product Requirements Documents as needed to maintain accurate documentation
• Ensure the continued adherence to structured product management and development processes
• Conduct and participate in product and review meetings
• Communicate product management status to key stakeholders
• Track and report key product management metrics
• Provide guidance and answers to questions from internal resources with regards to product direction and functionality
• Support the creation of product documentation including one sheets, sales presentations, capabilities documents, etc.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 5 years' experience as a business analyst or in related fields
• Strong analytical and product management skills are required
• Thorough understanding of the ticketing industry
• Experience working with software integrations, APIs, and data services.
• Organized, flexible and capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal communication, written communication and interpersonal skills
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we're a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.