Tickets.ComCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we're a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are searching for a Payroll Specialist with Human Resources experience to work from our Costa Mesa office to process bi-weekly and semi-monthly multi-state payroll. The Payroll Specialist will evaluate internal controls and processes and make recommendations to ensure a best practices and efficient payroll environment. Assist in the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department to support effective and efficient operations. This is a hands-on position that requires a high degree of accuracy, timeliness, attention to detail, confidentiality and focus on customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
• Accurately and timely analyze, prepare and process payroll data using an automated Payroll System
• Prepare and audit various weekly, monthly, quarterly and year end payroll reports (benefit deductions, gross payroll, hours worked, W-2's, etc.)
• Process accurate and timely year-end reporting
• Review and reconcile quarterly and year-end payroll tax statements; administer amendments/corrections as necessary
• Generate and analyze various payroll/finance reports including reports requested by management, such as overtime cost reports, payroll budget variances, etc.
• Develop and implement payroll processes and audit to ensure efficiency and compliance with payroll requirements;
• Provides support to the HR department
• Office administration including ordering and maintaining office supplies, kitchen inventory and other miscellaneous office and facilities duties
• 5 years payroll processing experience required
• Prefer 3 years' experience in Human Resources.
• Extensive, hands-on experience with Payroll Systems preferred; ExponentHR experience a plus
• Multi-state payroll processing experience and knowledge of Payroll and HR federal and state laws and regulations is required
• Certified payroll professional designation a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Excel and Word required
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required
• Attention to detail, accuracy, deadlines and ability to prioritize/multi-task required
• Excellent customer service skills and flexibility required
• Must be self-motivated and able to exercise independent judgment and make decisions, take ownership/accountability, and operate with minimal supervision
• High integrity, professionalism, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality essential
If you think you're a good fit for the position and the team, we'd love to hear from you!