Tickets.ComCosta Mesa, CA
Full Time Job
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
We are seeking a Business Analyst who will be an essential individual contributor within a project team, focusing the development of software product requirements across a wide variety of user audiences. Responsibilities include the planning and execution of projects that drive product requirements, collaboration/research with others, and all necessary follow-through during the implementation of project work.
The position requires a thorough understanding of the ticketing industry, market demands, technology trends, enterprise ecommerce applications and the competitive field in similar product areas.
The Business Analyst will have the following responsibilities for assigned projects:
• Understand technology trends and assess viability for use in Tickets.com products
• Contribute to the buy, build, partner evaluation process
• Contribute to product roadmap planning and product release planning processes
• Perform ongoing gap analysis in the product portfolio to assist in the development of product release planning
• Provide a point-of-contact for external resources on an as-needed basis for ongoing product management needs, for example coordination with clients identified as early adopters
• Research and identify requirements through the interaction with various groups, including but not limited to:
• Product Management
• Product Development (Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, and IT Engineering)
• External resources, including current clients, prospects, and new markets
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
• Deliver various artifacts, most notably High Level Requirements Documents (HLRDs) and Product Requirements Documents (PRDs), including detailed business requirements, functional requirements, and use cases. High Level Requirements Documents and Product Requirements Documents are written using standard templates in natural language.
• Coordinate the design and product implementation with User Experience Designers and Software Engineers. This will include collaboration with other subject matter experts as necessary to maintain the product vision, while analyzing various trade-offs between usability, performance needs, and other resource constraints such as schedule.
• Coordinate all necessary adjustments to existing Product Requirements Documents as needed to maintain accurate documentation
• Ensure the continued adherence to structured product management and development processes
• Participation in various product and review meetings
• Provide guidance and answers to questions from internal resources with regards to product direction and functionality
• Coordinate product launch activities such as Operational Readiness testing including working with Quality Assurance on test cases and operations on UAT
• Support the creation of product documentation including one sheets, sales presentations, capabilities documents, etc.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 5 years' experience as a business analyst or in related fields
• Strong analytical and product management skills are required
• Results-driven, able to initiate and lead projects; work autonomously and multi-task in a dynamic environment. Self-motivated and completes small projects on your own, ability to produce a quality design quickly. Understands the importance of flexibility and the balance of speed and quality.
• Product Management experience with mobile products is a plus
• Excellent problem-solving ability with a strong sense of curiosity.
• Ability to maintain and meet schedules.
• Excellent organization skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to interface with all levels of employees.
• Excellent verbal communication, written communication and interpersonal skills
• Naturally inclined to make things simpler and more intuitive
If you think you're a good fit for this position and the team, we'd love to hear from you!
Come work for Tickets.com, we're a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
We offer an Outstanding Benefits Package that includes:
• Medical 3 PPO Plans through BCBS
• Dental PPO
• STD & LTD
• Life & Supplemental Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO, STO, 13 Holidays)
• HSA & FSA
• Legal Plan
• Pet Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
No Relocation Assistance Provided