Marketing Manager, Events
TheWrapLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
TheWrap, which recently won top honor of Best Entertainment Website at the National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards, is looking for a Marketing Manager to promote our industry-leading events - a series of high profile gatherings of thought leaders including the Power Women Series, Oscar Season Screening Series, activations at Film Festivals and TheGrill, an executive leadership conference centered on the convergence of entertainment, media and technology. The Marketing Manager will additionally maintain the excitement and community engagement events deliver - before, during and after TheWrap's various events.
Job Requirements: 2-4 years of marketing experience required. The successful candidate will possess a can-do attitude, excellent communication and organizational skills and the aptitude to prioritize while juggling several projects at once. The Marketing Manager will work closely with Event Managers, Programming Manager, Sponsorship Sales, Art and Production Teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Applicants must have the ability to strategize, oversee and execute, while maintaining marketing calendars and customer-facing platforms highlighting the value of Wrap Events (ticket sales and/or sponsorships). Love of entertainment and creation of memorable experiences a must. Knowledge of MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite/TicketSauce, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools needed. Basic understanding of event management and production useful.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and recent event marketing experience across digital, social, email, print and experiential membership platforms
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
• Familiarity and competence with MailChimp, WordPress, CMS, Eventbrite/ TicketSauce, SurveyMonkey and other marketing tools a must
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Desire to succeed, problem solver, creative thinker
• Create marketing campaigns, both promotion/awareness and ticket or membership sales strategy, for TheWrap's industry leading events
• Execute/deliver to plan including creative requests and copywriting as needed
• Manage event marketing content calendars, including collaboration with digital, social and production teams
• Maintain accurate and up to date marketing platforms demonstrating strength of Wrap content/events
• Event research to target potential members/partners/barters and management of related marketing deliverables
• Work with event management, content and sales to secure potential sponsorships based on content alignment and generally promote events
• Review content themes and target demographics in order to effectively communicate with and engage audience, analyze results post-event
• Acknowledgement of team-based environment, working together to reach maximum output
• Ownership of projects and understanding of TheWrap's proprietary internal information
• Consciousness of colleagues, space, and unique culture of the TheWrap
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online