Network Management Control Technician
The Woodlands EnterprisesThe Woodlands, TX
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
The Network Management Control (NMC) department is responsible for satellite and next generation distribution of live and non-live regional sporting events, sports related programming, entertainment, and news programming to various regions across the country in a 24x7 mission critical broadcast facility. The NMC department provides territorial black-outs, authorization and deauthorization for existing and next generation distribution platforms.
Under general supervision, this position will provide technical support, diagnostics, and troubleshooting for cable headend technicians and new emerging video delivery platforms including satellite, OTT and IPTV delivery services in a high stress and high volume 24x7 environment.
• Controlling satellite receivers via their respective receiver control system
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting the operation and behaviors of these receivers
• Implementing and confirming accurate switching of these receivers according to territorial restrictions and switching schedules
• Cross-training in Transmissions Operations Center and Master Control in order to gain an understanding of these departments that tie to NMC.
• Identify potential or real time issues via various advanced monitoring tools to identify, triage, and implement corrective action to resolution for linear and live encode signal services,
• Act as liaison with Transmissions, Master Control, Sports Access clients, and other departments to ensure technical integrations and functionality
• Monitor and validate SCTE messaging for proper play-out of ad insertions and playlist integrity
• Recognize problems and takes action; using logic and good judgment to arrive at sound, well informed, and timely decisions; seeking input from others and involves others when appropriate
• Complete accurate documentation in call-log database for any actions taken, accurately documents discrepancies, and completes quality control checks to aid master control operators to ensure a quality and accurate on-air presentation
• Maintain an excellent knowledge of signal delivery, signal broadcast and streaming systems
• Serves as liaison to ensure Nielsen measurement team has correct files necessary to complete daily ratings reports
• 2+ years' experience in a Broadcast or I.T. technical or helpdesk position
• Ability to understand, and interpret technical specifications and requirements
• Ability to adapt to the different sport seasons, duties, added or re-branded networks, schedules and technology that can change throughout a year
• Ability to learn new tools and technology in a dynamic mission critical operational environment
• Basic knowledge of all types of sporting events
• Ability to grasp and work with new technology and distribution platforms
• Ability to work varying shifts in a 24/7 environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Radio/TV/Film Computer Science, Electronics, or Information Technology preferred
• Master Control experience or Cable Headend technical experience
• Knowledge and understanding of signal delivery, signal broadcast and streaming systems
• Understanding and experience in Video Network Architecture framework - broadcast/broadband/OTT/IPTV CDN (content delivery network) video workflow and distribution is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Fox Networks Group:
Fox Networks Group (FNG) is a primary operating unit of 21st Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA). FNG consists of FOX Television Group, which includes FOX Broadcasting Company and 20th Century Fox Television; FOX Cable Networks, which includes FX Networks; FOX Sports Media Group, and National Geographic Partners. Together these units create, program and distribute on a worldwide basis much of America's most popular entertainment, sports and nonfiction programming.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Woodlands Enterprises, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Fox Networks Group.
The Woodlands Enterprises, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.