The WNET GroupNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Attorney jobs in New York-NY
The Attorney will be responsible for program business and legal affairs for The WNET Group and its production subsidiaries in connection with acquisition, production, and distribution of public media content. Specific responsibilities include:
• Negotiating and drafting agreements concerning various aspects of The WNET Group's production-related business, including the acquisition, co-production and distribution of public television programs and other public media content;
• Counseling in-house clients (including producers, digital/social media teams, marketing directors, business units and Senior Management) with respect to FCC regulations/communications law, copyright and trademark law, employment law, and other general matters;
• Reviewing content prior to broadcast/distribution, including for defamation, privacy, intellectual property matters.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Must have a JD and have been admitted to the New York Bar and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in deal structuring/negotiating/drafting contracts and media content review;
• One or more of the following skill sets: knowledge of communications law/FCC regulations and procedures; knowledge of copyright/trademark; knowledge of labor law;
• Demonstrate excellent writing, communication, research and organizational skills;
• Flexibility and resourcefulness in working effectively on multiple projects;
• Ability to succeed in a deadline-driven environment;
• Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organization;
• Ability to excel in a team environment, as well as independently.
Candidates with prior television/film/media production experience is a plus.