Senior 3D Character Modeler
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/18/2022 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior 3D Character Modeler jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior 3D Character Modeler postings
Full Time Job
Senior 3D Character Modeler - Marvel Studios Animation
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the World through incredible characters like Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds and stories.
Marvel Studios Animation is hiring.
This is an IATSE 839 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Marvel Studios Animation has an exciting opportunity for Character Modelers to join the team on an episodic series. Senior Character Modelers build complex 3D models in a variety of styles including organic, realistic, and stylized characters. You'll work with a team that includes Visual Development Artists and Character TDs to interpret designs and build and refine models for production.
• Create highly stylized and appealing production ready models using Zbrush and Maya
• Work from Visual Development artwork to translate into 3D assets
• Bring assets to technically efficient and artistically appealing final completion
• Collaborate with downstream departments to meet their technical needs
• Address direction and feedback from Supervisors, Production Designers, and Directors
• Ability to convert Zbrush models into Maya for production ready assets
• Expertise in creating complex character models in Maya and ZBrush
• Ability to translate 2d artwork to 3d models/sculpts
• Ability to create facial blend shapes
• Collaborative mindset in working with and addressing feedback as well as direction from CG Supervisor, Animation Supervisor and Production Designer
• Ability to work well in teams consisting of rigging, animation and character design
• Proven ability to be detail oriented and work efficiently within a production environment
• Demonstrated ability to learn and implement new toolsets and industry standards for modeling
• Bachelors degree in digital art, computer graphics, or related field
• 5+ years experience as a character modeler in Episodic or Film
• Strong knowledge of anatomy and traditional sculpting
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
• Ability to understand, interpret and implement highly stylized art direction
• Substance and Photoshop experience desirable
• Familiarity with character rigging
• Ability to hard surface model a plus
• Understanding of the production pipeline
When applying, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes, close ups of rotating heads, and 2D reference art should be shown.