The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The HR Specialist performs a wide range of responsibilities within a framework set by HR leadership and the local client in support of our service delivery model which includes:
• Strategy Development
• Organization Design
• Global Talent Management
• Organization and Employee Effectiveness
• Change and Transition Management
• Functional HR Integration
The HR Specialist works with HR Business partners to provide advice to employees/clients on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes and practices. They work with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to complete tasks. They are also the main point of service contact for client related questions and business issues including but not limited to HR policies, processes, corrective actions and staffing needs involving hiring approvals and position management. This role is expected to assess, prioritize and act on HRBP and client requests as needed and communicate needs that require additional support to the appropriate source. (e.g. Employee Relations, Compensation, Organization Management, Talent Acquisition, Global HR Operations).
• Provide high-quality, timely and professional client service and follow through to ensure appropriate action was taken
• In partnership with HR Operations, support on-boarding related activities
• In partnership with HR Operations, coordinate off-boarding related activities with a focus on conducting exit interviews, sensitive separations, etc.
• Establish and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with HR functional partners
• Assist in advising/providing guidance with HRBPs in the administration of HR related policies and procedures e.g.
• Position Management
• Administration of local recognition programs and employee development offerings such as Lunch & Learns (as needed and/or when sponsored by HR)
• Provides information to leaders and HRBP's in the development of talent solutions such as resources for career development and learning opportunities or job descriptions for hiring
• Proactively document, maintain, and organize area practices and protocols related to HR policy administration and standards
• Stay current on changes to HR policies and processes, and communicate changes to appropriate audiences
• Creates reports and/or presentations that discuss the findings of a research project
• Minimum 1-3 years' experience in an HR or customer/client service oriented professional role
• Demonstrates business orientation and acumen
• Strong service orientation
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated at all levels, including executive level
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Approachable style; ability to connect with employees and establish rapport
• Proven ability to work with confidential information
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment; flexible and adaptable
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook; SAP and the Internet
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.