Director, International Post Operations
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Director of International Post Operations (Lucasfilm Brand Lead) is responsible for all aspects of the theatrical and post-theatrical mastering queue for new productions within the Lucas banner. In this role, you will work directly with Post Production to oversee product timelines, deliveries, QCs, turnovers to downstream supply chain teams, including archiving elements. You will ensure localization strategy supports filmmaker intention and manage all communication to respective teams to make certain there is alignment. This position leads a team comprised of a Manager, Associate Project Manager and shared Project Admin. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in title delivery and managing people. They are a proactive self-starter with a passion for entertainment.
• Monitor release schedules and reports across internal tools to ensure the team is on schedule for deliveries
• Oversee content delivery, in terms of version & access control, creative instructions, localization strategy, localized components (where appropriate) and editorial work for censorship, including China
• Act as the primary point of contact for the Post team and internal Leadership team on all Lucas content, as well as the escalation point for internal team when schedules are at risk.
• Ensure clear communication to distribution teams, vendors and other internal partners of delivery dates, relevant title information and new processes.
• Establish strong day to day working relationships within the Walt Disney Studios, Disney+ and DMED teams
• Lead the team through new process roll-outs, system implementations and change management
• Working with other banner leads, ensure alignment of all internal business processes
• Deliver strategically actionable insights that drive process improvement opportunities
• Monitor morale across the department, striving to maintain balance and productivity
• Utilize a wide array of managing software programs, including, Smartsheets, Google trackers, Microsoft Project, and various Disney-owned systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Film, Television, Electronic Media, Communications or related field
• 10+ years of experience in media-related businesses (theatrical, home entertainment, streaming, etc.).
• 5+ years of experience in leading people and staff development
• Proven experience with Post Production deliveries to support both Theatrical and Post Theatrical workflows including: DCP, IMF, ProRes, audio, component-based mastering, HDR and SDR color spaces, metadata.
• Experience presenting to Senior Leaders
• Strong Project Management and Reporting skills
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish working relationships with a variety of diverse people across many teams and disciplines
• Great organizational and time management skills
• Ability to facilitate meetings with internal teams and vendors
• Strong attention to detail without losing the sight of broader objectives
• Ability to think strategically, predict problems before they arise and resolve issues in a collaborative fashion
• This position requires is a team champion who is trusting, professional, respectful, and is committed to creating a safe inclusive environment for team members to develop, grow and thrive
• Gifted at understanding the priorities of complex business decisions
• Familiarity with M&E supervision and notes
• Organizationally savvy with the ability to ''read a room''
• Strong builder of relationships and trust
• Familiarity with the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company