VP, Commercial Operations
The Walt Disney CompanyNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/22/2021 11:27:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Commercial Operations jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP, Commercial Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a VP, Commercial Operations? VP, Commercial Operations, Disney Creativeworks and Multicultural
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company's best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney , Hulu, ESPN and Disney Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
Reporting into the SVP, Client Partnerships, the VP, Commercial Ops, CreativeWorks role will be responsible for leading commercial operations for Disney Branded Content (CreativeWorks) (DCW)) and the Multicultural Solutions team, responsible for building marketing solutions that authentically and creatively reach multicultural audiences.
• Working with the sales teams and creative leaders for DCW, lead the commercial operations of DCW, including growing revenue, pricing/packaging strategies, sales communications and industry representation etc.
• Create the go-to-market strategy and positioning for DCW and Multi-cultural solutions, working closely with other stakeholders including Sales Communications
• Partner with the brand creative leads to develop new revenue streams, including new products and services that allow major US marketers to tap into Disney's portfolio of IP
• Develop consistent and unified pricing models to maximize profitability
• Liaise with SVPs of Sports and Entertainment Brand Solutions and VP of Brand Connect to manage workflows for DCW response to client RFPs and proactive pitches
• Work with the Multicultural Director and Multicultural Sales team to develop the long-term Disney Ad Sales cultural strategy, inclusive of Multicultural, and helping identify key commercial partners
• Work with Category Solutions & Insights team to develop proprietary research that supports the DCW value proposition
• Serve as a voice in the business community for DCW, including attending major client pitches, speaking at trade events and press.
• Identify proactive branded content platforms / packages to take to market (Translation, The Undefeated, #SeeHer, etc)
• Ensure we have a diverse team and a positive culture of inclusion
• 12 years of experience including leadership of commercial operations for a creative services organization
• Experience managing budgets and building P&Ls at both the project and division level
• Demonstrated success at developing new revenue streams
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proficient in all digital media as well as Microsoft office and comparable programs
• Be willing to take risks to ensure creative thinking and the best outcomes possible
• Able to work create solutions and deal with ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to lead a dynamic and diverse team, manage multiple projects and bring projects to successful execution on time and on budget
• Ability to travel based on business needs
• Bachelor's degree minimum.
• Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Technology or related field.
• Advanced degree a plus
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.