Summer Intern - Financial Analyst
The Walt Disney CompanyGlendale, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/17/2020 5:01:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Financial Analyst jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Summer Intern - Financial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Financial Analyst? Job Summary:
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Walt Disney Television is the iconic collection of The Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) entertainment and news properties creating award-winning content across an impressive portfolio of television brands and businesses, including ABC Entertainment, ABC Studios, ABC News, the ABC Owned Television Stations Group, Freeform, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios, FX Networks and FX Productions, the Disney Channel networks and National Geographic Partners. A home to dynamic storytellers and talented creators, WDT develops, produces and programs exceptional content of unparalleled scale and reach with more than 250 programs each year reaching upward of 227 million households a month across multimedia platforms.
The Walt Disney Television Financial Planning Team is responsible for managing the preparation of the consolidated Walt Disney Television Long-Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and Forecasts for segment-level executive review (e.g. CFO / Chairman) and Corporate submission. Additionally, the team engages in a variety of analyses across the businesses to provide leaders with an understanding of segment-wide strategy and performance.
A Day in the Life…
• Develop and maintain financial planning models with a focus on process improvement
• Partner with finance, controllership, and other teams across the organization to assist in consolidating forecast data
• Analyze forecast information to ensure accuracy, identify trends, and develop key storylines
• Aid in the preparation of presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
What we're looking for...
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem-solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Also a plus…
• A desire to become licensed as a CPA
• Prior Walt Disney Company, entertainment, attractions, construction, real estate, or manufacturing industry experience
• Demonstrated ability to develop DCF analyses
• Coursework that required preparation of PowerPoint decks to make compelling business recommendations, overview analysis findings, and/or share general information in a compelling way
• Currently working towards or recently graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance, or a Master's degree in Accounting.
• 3.3 GPA
• Minimum GPA of 3.5
• Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May/June 2020 to August 2020.
• Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program in California.
• Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.