Standards & Practices Manager FX & National Geographic
The Walt Disney CompanyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/29/2021 1:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Standards & Practices Manager FX & National Geographic jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Standards & Practices Manager FX & National Geographic postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Standards & Practices Manager FX & National Geographic?
Full Time Job
The FX and National Geographic Standards & Practices department is seeking a Manager responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating the acceptability of Entertainment and Documentary content submitted via scripts, rough-cuts, and final cuts in accordance with network/corporate guidelines and government regulations. The Manager gives applicable standards notes on multiple stages of the creative process for all assigned programming and advertisements. They would also engage in working relationships with Programming and Production clients involved in creating and producing programming across linear and streaming platforms.
• Read, review, and determine acceptability of all assigned programming materials at various stages of production based on corporate, brand, societal, and/or ethical sensitivities.
• Issue standards notes for content that may include violence, unacceptable language, sexually explicit material, imitable behavior, commercial product placement, and other graphic visuals.
• Provide written approval, specify an appropriate V-Chip rating and, if applicable, a viewer advisory, to assigned program air masters.
• Establish a collaborative working relationship with Programming and Production clients.
• Negotiate with clients to find acceptable solutions to challenging or controversial subject matter.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
• Computer proficiency required, including experience in PC environment and Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Must be a team player, and able to prioritize, work efficiently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to handle a high volume of time-sensitive tasks in an expeditious and precise manner in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess ability to handle difficult situations or challenging conversations diplomatically.
• The nature of the work performed may require discussion of sensitive subjects including foul language, sexual scenes, graphic violence, etc. that appears in materials submitted for review.
• 5 years or more of progressively complex related experience in media, legal, or business; within a corporate environment
• Minimum of 3-5 years with Standards or Clearance experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.