Standards and Practices Manager - Fcc Compliance
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The primary function of this role is to facilitate FCC compliance with the Children's Television Act by working on the S&P team focused specifically on systems entry, spots, and broadcast log checks. You will be responsible for ensuring that all Standards and Practices procedures are adhered to for promos, sponsorships, and synergy spots that air on Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD.
This position will require knowledge of children's television as well as proven expertise in technical aspects of television such as working in multiple systems. The ability to meet tight deadlines is essential. Must be able to handle a high volume of time-sensitive tasks in an expeditious and precise manner in a fast-paced environment.
Based on the needs of the department you may also be assigned duties and specialized projects not listed above. Must be available to work longer hours to meet spot and log deadlines, when necessary.
• Act as super user for relevant systems, running audit reports and entering FCC tracking information for S&P department.
• Analyze promo, sponsorship, and synergy spots, verifying restrictions and exclusion codes for FCC tracking.
• Create and assign material annotations/text codes for synergy spots.
• Enter synergy, sponsorship, and promo approvals into Mediator and Wide Orbit systems.
• Review spots for S&P concerns when needed.
• Manage compilation and distribution of TV Parental Guidelines ratings for S&P department.
• Perform detailed online research on potential talent for use on the kids' channels.
• Scrub movies and series to document product, talent, characters, etc., and enter information into SIMS system for tracking.
• Check daily broadcast log reports as part of FCC compliance procedures.
• Proven track record of problem-solving and taking initiative in cross-departmental communication and processes.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Tech proficiency required, including experience working in multiple systems such as Wide Orbit, SIMS, and Mediator.
• QA/QC experience is a plus.
• Prior experience analyzing materials for Standards and Practices concerns is a plus.
Bachelor's degree or higher
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.