Sr. Analyst, Connected Exp
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Analyst, Connected Exp (PH)
The Business Analyst, Connected Experiences (HR Workforce Technology) role supports the Connected Experiences team's existing digital projects as well as new opportunities across HR Workforce Technology and the HR Centers of Excellence, providing research, requirements development, and operational support.
This business analyst will establish lasting relationships with internal teams supporting all aspects of project initiatives and long-term digital media strategies.
This position requires strong account management skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of project constituents. It also requires strong business analysis skills and the ability to learn new businesses quickly. A deep understanding of digital media development/operations is essential. This role will support and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to transition through many different tasks and topics in a given day.
• Contribute to solving business problems as part of a project team by framing the problems, determining intended approach and quantitative methods, and evaluating the analytical solutions to the problems,
• Craft comprehensive requirements and user stories / profiles
• Develops and maintains project plans
• Work with development and QA teams to test and implement pilots and proof of concepts.
• Test intended outcomes by developing prototypes, running offline experiments, as well as integrating potential solutions into live test environments
• Evaluate methods for assessment and prediction
• Generate reports, develop presentations, and communicate findings and results
• Develop visualizations that provide insight into work being conducted
• Apply and combine current and emerging techniques and tools in novel ways
• Understand and anticipate our customers' business needs and accelerate their ability to innovate by building working prototypes or POCs
• Actively participate in discussions with stakeholders to understand and document business needs
• Research and report on internal TWDC use cases, pilots and best practices
• Research and report on industry tools and services and recommend opportunities for partnership
• 3 years of project/program management and business analysis experience
• 3 years experience managing larger, more complex and cross-functional projects
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, negotiating, and influencing skills
• Proven success in leading projects from concept through launch and transitioning to operations
• Demonstrated ability to manage project, departmental and enterprise risks related to projects
• Strong facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
• Successful history of client contact including experience in setting and managing client expectations
• Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run productive meetings
• Strong knowledge of software development life cycles, web technologies, web development and design processes
• Experienced in producing thorough, detailed project documentation
• Self starter with high level of initiative; strong sense of ownership and urgency
• Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization including technical and non-technical people and internal and external audiences
• Extraordinarily detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Experience in a complex, large-company environment
• Experience in consulting or agency environment
• Previous digital media development experience
• Experience with enterprise technology service design and management
• Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture
• Experience with wiki tools such as Confluence
• Experience with Microsoft Project and Visio or OmniGraffle
• Familiarity with web and site search engines and SEO
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.