Sr. Manager Workforce Tech Portfolio
The Walt Disney CompanyCelebration, FL
Full Time Job
As part of the HR Strategy Lab, the Workforce Technology team leads the planning, selection, implementation, and sustainment of technologies supporting seamless and unique experiences for the global talent of The Walt Disney Company.
The Workforce Technology team is looking for a Sr Manager to oversee its application, project, and financial portfolios. In this role, you will lead a team that designs common processes and methods enabling delivery and sustainment partners to track their work efforts. You will manage and maintain the integrated technology project portfolio and work with project managers to identify potential risks and issues across critical initiatives. You will collaborate with the finance team to oversee budget impacts of project work and ongoing operations. You will interface with a broad variety of HR application vendors and recommend potential benefits of introducing new or evolving technology into the environment. You will also work with the senior leaders of the Workforce Technology team to create short and long-term technology plans in alignment with the global HR strategy of The Walt Disney Company, ultimately driving top-notch solutions and business performance.
• In alignment with the overall workforce technology strategy and in collaboration with the Director, Core Systems & Integration, develop short and long term Workforce Technology roadmap and strategic plans
• Partner with Sr. Manager Strategy Integration & Activation to inform HR Technology roadmap and ensure high priority initiatives are supported by appropriate technology teams
• Lead a team that drives efficiencies by partnering with delivery, project management, legal, and sourcing organizations to develop common project methods and processes for all Workforce Technology projects
• Identify, develop and maintain project tracking solution that includes all HR Technology initiatives; develop key performance indicators to identify at-risk projects and to monitor the achievement of project benefits
• Foster vendor relationships and assist in aligning capabilities to the appropriate WF Technology solution teams
• Partner with the finance organization and Enterprise Technology teams to understand operational and project budgets and forecasts for WF Technology; research and communicate potential changes to budgets as a result of changing priorities or project adjustments
• Partner with Enterprise Technology, Workforce Technology Sustainment, and Workforce Technology solution teams to document and support the HR systems and integration architecture; assist in the development and audit of the HR systems configuration management database
• Identify and maintain key information related to applications to include financial data, lifespan, data security compliance, vendor contact, support contact and functions supported by each application
• Ensure data security compliance of technology portfolio and partner with Privacy and Security teams to implement legislature changes
• Monitor application portfolio to identify aging systems, areas for consolidation or improvement
• Assist with the communication of HR Technology strategy and plans to the broader Workforce Technology team
• Manage licensing agreements for HR portfolio partnering with vendors to ensure contracting and payments are timely
• Perform finance functions such as purchasing and project WBSE creation for Workforce Technology department
• Some experience managing vendors and budgets
• 3-5 years project management experience
• 3-5 years people management experience
• 2 years working in a complex, multi-business unit Fortune 500 company
• 2 years Core HR or Employee-facing systems support experience
• 2 years digital software engineering and/or product design experience
• Exceptional communications and collaboration skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Demonstrated ability to think and plan in a broad, systematic way
• Demonstrated use of KPIs to successfully manage the delivery of large-scale, complex technical solutions
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence in a dynamic, fast passed environment
• Demonstrated experience supporting one or more HR applications (examples include: SAP, SuccessFactors, Workday, Kenexa)
• 2 years managing vendors and budgets
• 2 years in corporate / cross-line of business role for a fortune 500 company
• 2 years consulting experience
• Demonstrated project management skills or certifications
• Demonstrated ability to drive consensus and influence in a matrixed team environment
• Undergraduate degree in business analysis, computer science, information technology, human resources or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.