Senior Manager, Organizational Development
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Sr. Manager, Organizational Development will partner with senior leaders and HR across DTCI to help solve complex organizational challenges and implement change strategies while transferring OD mindset, knowledge, skills and tools. In this role, the Sr. Manager will consult on projects such as organization assessments, strategy definition, organization design, change management, and organizational culture and values. This global position is located in Burbank, California and will require regular travel both domestically and internationally.
• Deliver expertise to a variety of projects including organization assessment, organization design, change management, and culture transformation across a diverse set of businesses.
• Effectively adapt consulting style and approach to the culture of each business unit and share mindset, skills and tools with HR and senior leadership to ensure sustainment of results.
• Ensure effective contracting with clear goal and role clarity of senior leader, HR and OD across the lifecycle of the project, and develop clear methods for effective sustainment of results.
• Continually develop and apply broad organizational knowledge to address business and organizational challenges by recognizing patterns through an enterprise and systems thinking mindset.
• Consult with senior leadership and HR to develop strategies that assess and increase overall organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and process improvements across businesses.
• Work closely with HR teams on strategies that maximize employee engagement and enable and facilitate a culture that maximizes organizational productivity and employee satisfaction.
• Research future workforce trends and collaborate with workforce analytics to develop insights to formulate data-driven recommendations to clients to support OD interventions.
• Develop strategies that assess organizational change readiness and facilitate mindset shifts and/or behavior changes across a diverse set of stakeholders and geographies.
• Deliver strategies and programs in collaboration with HR, senior leadership, leadership teams, functional partners and external contractors or consultants.
• Build trust and collaborate with teams in a global and virtual environment, and partner effectively with HR Business Partners and OD leaders across the enterprise to transfer knowledge and skills.
• Minimum 7 years of OD consulting or related experience, ideally with a global company
• Minimum 3 years leadership experience of providing guidance to staff professionals
• Demonstrated diagnostic, synthesis, conceptual and analytical skills to recommend solutions
• Consulting skills and relationship management with HR and senior leaders
• Ability to gain credibility and influence executive audiences with strong executive communication skills
• Project management, organizational skills and confidentiality with sensitive information
• Ability to work with ambiguity and agility in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong business acumen, and ability to stay abreast of industry and organizational knowledge
• Ability to interact with multiple clients simultaneously and manage priorities with competing demands
• Ability to build relationships with teams across units and geographies, adjusting style where appropriate
• Demonstrated use of innovative OD techniques, digital technologies, and/or tools to support delivery of work
• Ability to work in a predominantly self-direct manner, while upholding brand promise of OD
• Experience within the Entertainment or Media industry
• Experience in both OD and HRBP disciplines delivering integrated solutions
• Experience as an internal consultant while effectively partnering with external consulting firms
• Experience in HR Transformation efforts and/or Workforce Trends that influence organization culture
• Experience working with various HR Centers of Excellence and Communities of Practice groups
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in the field of Organization Development
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.