Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
At Walt Disney Television, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and find new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your chance to be part of a transformative team and culture.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Accounting Analyst interested in making an impact with a leading company. We are seeking an individual energized by relationships and motivated to make continuous improvement that matters.
This individual will have the opportunity to help drive accounting, external reporting and management reporting for various media business units, as well as the chance to work directly with senior leadership.
• Primary contact for all Cable/FNG HQ requests, including special projects
• Prepare journal entries for Cable/FNG
• Prepare the SEC P&L financial statement variance analytics
• Prepare the Balance Sheet variance analytics
• Research account variances on balance sheet and income statement for management reporting
• Prepare quarterly account reconciliations
• Prepare quarterly reporting for product integration, gift giving, and T&E
• Work closely with other TFCF divisions for intercompany confirmation and settlement
• A/P processing for significant vendor contracts
• Ad hoc analysis and reporting for WDT Financial Accounting management
• Work with WDT Finance to ensure consistent reporting
• Verify compliance with company policies and procedures
• Demonstrate understanding of internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
• Perform Enterprise Data Platform reporting
• Drive process improvement by identifying solutions to issues identified as part of the ''After Action Review'' process
• 4 year Accounting degree
• 2-4 years of relevant accounting experience
• Experience in public accounting preferred
• CPA Candidate
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.