Programming Manager, National Geographic
The Walt Disney CompanySingapore Singapore , SG
Full Time Job
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS AND POSITION
National Geographic Channels are home to the most informative and educational programming on television, encompassing a range of disciplines such as nature, history, science, engineering, culture, people, and places. In partnership with the National Geographic Society-one of the largest scientific and education institutions in the world-National Geographic Channels take viewers on breathtaking adventures across the globe, championing preservation efforts and inspiring the explorer in each of us.
This position will manage the strategic communication planning and overall channel management with the Nat Geo Channel Head. We are looking for a driven individual who has great passion for National Geographic. You will be working closely with Nat Geo Channel Head to overseeing programming operations. You will appreciate the details and importance of data, planning and scheduling in audience engagement and our channel and business strategy.
• Manage strategic programming planning and overall channel management with the channel head
• Manage programming team and guide the team in channel planning and scheduling
• Create program schedules, EPGs, highlights, A-Z listings etc. for linear and non-linear channel
• Maintain and update on-air data and program inventory
• Analyze program ratings and ensure all schedules are optimized to maximize ratings and ad sales
• Communicate regularly with various internal and external parties, i.e. Broadcasting Technical Operations, platform partners, media distributors
• Coordinate all on-air/off-air channel activities including media acquisition, programming, promotions
• Support the team's daily channel operations
• University Degree with 5 years' experience
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
• Knowledge of scheduling systems
• Close attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment
• A good team player with professional drive
• Understanding of social media platforms.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Thrives under pressure and enjoys working in a high-intensity environment and able to meet tight deadlines
• Fluent in written, speaking and reading in English and Chinese. (Traditional and Simplified)
• Strong communicator and team player
• Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Programming Manager
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.