Production Manager, Content
The Walt Disney CompanyMadrid, MD
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2020 10:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Manager, Content jobs in Madrid-MD
Search all Production Manager, Content postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Manager, Content? Job Summary:
Reporting to the VP of Programming & Production Spain and dotted line to Director, Production Regional Office (London).
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
In this role, you will manage the project slate in all stages of development, greenlight preparation, and on-going management in production.
You wil work within departmental guidelines, guiding third party production partners and working closely with members of the Original Production Department (OPD) team to keep them up to date with all Production issues. The Production Manager is expected to bring professional external drama production experience & strategic planning skills to contribute to the positive and collaborative navigation of production challenges at all stages of projects.
Key responsibilities are to analyze 3rd party budgets & schedules, provide assessments around viability, research foreign filming and requirements, prepare green-lights, monitor budget/s (as assigned), monitor production health and safety, and standards relating to working with minors and talent.
• To act as key advisor to the stakeholders in the OPD team to enable them to balance editorial aims and delivery requirements with financial and resource constraints.
• To enable production values to align with Disney quality expectations.
• To continually seek to provide increased value to the project/s success through challenging the status quo, reviewing production processes and shaping and implementing improved ways of working.
• Monitor health & safety practice and keep informed about industry standards post Covid 19.
• Manage assigned budgets and produce regular reports and analysis, working with finance stake holders.
• Co-lead budget negotiations with independent production companies as assigned, benchmarking fair price and industry rates. Negotiate production solutions approve production technology in consultation with the Disney operations team, other operational issues and production schedules that deliver to Disney EMEA requirements (factoring in dubbing run times).
• Working with Disney internal departments to move the project forward through casting / location recces, hires, series projections, sourcing any expertise we may need.
• Monitor and make recommendations around best practice working with talent (high profile, international).
• For the broader realization of projects including paper development, pilot and series planning, budgets and schedules will need to be created to assess projects as a WHOLE (combining Disney internal project management costs & external production costs).
• You will need to manage Cost Monitors, tracking the various elements of Green-light Budgets, as assigned. This will include monitoring the impact of tax incentives as applicable to each project and ensuring the qualifying criteria is maintained. You will be required to provide regular reports and narrative progress reports.
• Recce travel and arrangements will need to be made for all stakeholders in the team. All arrangements will need to coordinated by the Line Producer - admin support available for bookings.
• When in production, attend set / location at key stages and provide updates and reports back to the Disney team. Ensure 3rd parties are providing all regular industry standard reports.
• Management responsibilities will fall to you when in situ at sets/ locations, supporting the Creative Project lead, and any other executives.
• You will be called upon to co-ordinate project status reports / updates / and create strategies with the creative leads to move the project forward under the prevailing conditions. You will need to ensure records of negotiations and project notes are kept on file (in the form of a project log) & source regular progress reports from 3rd parties.
• Manage aspects of due diligence for all hires and input into deal preparation documentation.
• Comply with Disney Business Standards & Practice, which you will be advised upon.
• You will need to be conversant with the Disney's Live Action Producer's Handbook and communicate aspects of our Producer Handbook to third parties. Making recommendations when it is prudent to update in line with industry requirements.
• Anticipate problems and advise the Production Lead, Directors of Production and Production Management when production, budgetary, legal issues arise.
• Liaise with other relevant Disney departments - Finance, Press, Marketing, Creative, Transmission, On Air, Digital and Social Media, Procurement, Compliance, Security etc.
• Point of Contact for Production Companies on all day to day production issues, as assigned.
• You will be a highly motivated professional with a proactive approach, willing to roll your sleeves up to get the job done, and willing to help out within the PM team as necessary.
The Experience we require from you:
• Proven track record in the role of Line Producer or Production Manager (minimum 7 years)
• Proven experience of leadership roles & managing direct reports
• Technical skills to understand the needs to all Production departments
• Experience of industry reporting requirements (e.g. Diversity, Music, TV tax rebates etc)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
• Competent working on Movie Magic budget and scheduling software
• Conversant with regulations around working with Children in Entertainment in Spain
• Competent at creating cost reports, forecasts and finance plans as required. Also being able to analyze 3rd party cost report submissions
• Have Health and Safety credentials
• Negotiation skills, contracting & IP and rights clearance experience
• Critical thinking
• Ability to multitask and prioritize, working under pressure
• Have a strong network to keep abreast of industry trends, experiences, and work flows
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Iberia S.L., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.