Organizational Development Manager
The Walt Disney CompanyGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) seeks a Manager, Organizational Development to join the Organizational Development Practice, which is part of the Organization and Talent Solutions (O&TS) Center of Excellence. This team is a highly visible group within Enterprise HR that plays an integral part in supporting key business initiatives across TWDC. The ideal candidate will be a strategic advisor to HR and business executives with a bias towards action and impact. The candidate must be comfortable being dropped into ambiguous situations and able to quickly develop a plan to drive change, transformation and business results. The role is based in Glendale, CA and reports to the VP, Organizational Development.
• Partner closely with business leaders and HR Business Partners to assess needs, develop recommendations; and manage projects to improve the performance of leaders, teams and organizations
• Develop and lead transformation strategies that enable TWDC and Segment priorities, including support for M&A activity and enabling the new TWDC operating model
• Deliver OD expertise to a variety of projects including strategy development, organization assessment, organization design, change and culture transformation across a diverse set of businesses
• Support overall Organization and Talent Solutions goals by ensuring an integrated, cross functional approach is considered when appropriate
• Effectively adapt consulting approach and style to the culture of each business unit, geography or client
• Emphasize simplicity, relevancy, pragmatism and impact in all work
• Use data, analytics and insights to enable evidence-based approach to OD and continuously assess and demonstrate impact
• Leverage project management and leadership skills to facilitate complex work and maintain stakeholder alignment; develop project schedules, plans and timelines
• Support initiatives across the TWDC to pioneer and advance the Organizational Development discipline, including being an active contributor to and participant in the OD Community across the Company
• Continually invest in self-development and the evolution of the OD discipline by remaining current with new developments, technologies, industry trends and innovations
• Lead and manage others through formal oversight, as well as the ability to influence without authority
• 5-7 years of OD or Human Capital consulting (or equivalent) experience
• Ability to effectively and pragmatically apply OD approaches to meet business and stakeholder needs
• Demonstrates strong business acumen and a track record of success in partnering with business leaders
• Intellectually curious and open to challenging status quo
• Strong analytical, diagnostic, consulting and problem solving skills
• High degrees of initiative and creativity
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and storytelling skills; must be capable of communicating information to varied audiences
• Excellent project management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead projects from inception through completion while bringing stakeholders along
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to accomplish assignments with moderate supervision
• Ability to work in and manage ambiguity
• Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
• Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills with clients and colleagues
• Demonstrates high Emotional Intelligence, including self-awareness, adaptability and organizational awareness
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in the field of Organizational Development, Organizational Behaviors, Human Resources Management, or Business-related fields
• Advanced Degree - PhD or MA/MS in Industrial Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behaviors, Organizational Development/Effectiveness, or related field; MBA
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.