Manager, Ranch Operations
The Walt Disney CompanyLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/25/2021 10:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Search for Manager, Ranch Operations jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Ranch Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Ranch Operations? Job Summary:
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Ranch is a very unique environment. The operations manager must be able to handle frequently and abruptly changing schedules, extremes in weather and working conditions, crisis situations while maintaining a positive professional demeanor while moving through the routine tasks of the position. An ability to interface with challenging personalities without taking offense is a must. Managing Ranch staff and production crews in a positive manner while upholding Ranch policies is an ever present responsibility. A solid knowledge of plant science and soil science with an ability to teach this knowledge to the rest of the team is the backbone of this position.
• Overall Management
• Maintain a culture of safety that is meaningful and appropriate to the Ranch.
• Be able to respond quickly to off hour crisis or situations.
• Support the Senior Manager with management of the Ranch with a specialized focus on agriculture.
• Determine seed types, tree types, planting schedules
• Long term planting strategies
• Understand and manage the Ranch's hydrology
• Understand, design, maintain and manage the Ranch's hydrological needs within the constraints of governmental guidelines and long term needs.
• Understand and maintain a high pressure hydrologic system in a non-typical setting.
• Be able to quickly assess and repair system failures and integrate preventative measures in the repairs.
• Understand the needs of production while managing operations to create a seamless interface between these two areas of management.
• Understand the environment and interface in such a manner that protects the Ranch's environmental stance.
• Able to understand and support the Ranch's wildlife
• Ability to operate in a low impact manner as it relates to the environment
• Maintain a professional demeanor of leadership.
• Build a confidence and trust with the team.
• Partner with HR to initiate development strategies for the team.
• Partner with Risk Management regarding safety practices.
• Maintain documentation on team training.
• Outsource for specific equipment and tool training.
• Follow up education or continuing education for manager and team to hone skills or develop new skills.
• Ability to respond to and safely manage crisis such as fires, floods, trespassers, vehicle collisions and medical aid situations while providing calm leadership.
• Conduct tours and be able to clearly and passionately convey the Ranch's operational premises' in a manner consistent with Company policy.
• Defuse and positively channel team conflicts to a positive direction.
• Strategic Planning
• Understand and embrace the long term goals of the Ranch and make decisions based on those goals.
• Work with the senior manager in developing annual operating goals.
• Continually work to streamline processes for maximum efficiency.
• Work with team to capitalize on areas of strength and develop weaker areas.
• Land Management
• Understand and comply with regulatory land use guidelines.
• Understand and comply with the concepts of grading and drainage.
• Understand irrigations types, theories and practices on a deep water well supported system.
• Have a comfort level with wildlife including and types of indigenous snakes.
• Maintain and advance soil conservation efforts.
• Maintain and advance forestry needs both for the environment and production.
• Understand all type of farm equipment and tools and teach the safe usage of each including maintenance.
• Help determine and support long term land use policies.
• Oversee maintenance of roads, bridges, structures, set and utilities.
• Be able to determine risk assessment through common sense, life experience and training.
• Pest Control
• Identification of pests
• Control of pest with California and US Departments of Agriculture guidelines
• Long term pest control strategies
• Focus on techniques with minimal environmental impacts
• Team training
• Record keeping
• Continuing education
• Be able to confidently speak to groups of any size related to operations.
• Become familiar with an accurate Ranch History and its influence on daily operations.
• Learn community leaders in county and city government and local causes such as the Sierra Club and Scope.
• Conduct tours that convey Ranch operations in an honest, positive light.
• Be able to show a true understanding of Ranch operations to senior staff within our Company.
• Maintain the Ranch's community support initiatives.
• Other duties and tasks that might arise not covered in this outline
• 2 years experience in a related field
• Word, Excel and Outlook proficient
• Valid California Drivers' License
• Exposure to and understanding of AutoCAD
• Firefighting experience
• Certified Arborist Certificate
• Farming experience with irrigated crops and/or Forestry Conservation
• CPR trained
• Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Land Management, Agronomy, Environmental Science, Forestry or Plant Science related fields.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and lo
[more...] This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.