The Walt Disney CompanyLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Media (Searchlight)
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Searchlight Pictures is a global specialty film company that develops, produces, finances and acquires motion pictures for both worldwide theatrical and streaming releases. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and is part of The Walt Disney Studios, a division of The Walt Disney Company. Founded in 1994 as Fox Searchlight Pictures, the company's titles have grossed over $5 billion worldwide, amassing 28 Golden Globe Awards, 49 BAFTA awards, and 43 Academy Awards including five Best Picture winners since 2009: Slumdog Millionaire, 12 Years a Slave, Birdman, The Shape of Water, and Nomadland. Upcoming feature releases include Ahmir ''Questlove'' Thompson's award-winning Summer Of Soul (…Or, When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised), David Bruckner's The Night House, Michael Showalter's The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Scott Cooper's Antlers, Guillermo del Toro's Nightmare Alley, Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch, and Taika Waititi's Next Goal Wins. The company includes Searchlight Television, which develops and produces series for streaming, network, and cable partners.
Reporting to the VP Media & Strategy at Searchlight Pictures, the Manager, Media will oversee the development, execution, and evaluation of media plans, with particular emphasis on digital media. This position will work closely with Creative, Publicity, Distribution, and other departments within Searchlight and our partners across other Disney lines of business.
• Support the SVP and VP in developing, executing, and providing post campaign analysis for media plans for both theatrical and streaming (Hulu)
• Work with VP to develop agency briefs including comp titles, target audiences, media mix, campaign parameters, and recommended partners
• Act as the primary liaison to OMG23, the media agency of record
• Present forward thinking, data-driven media recommendations that drive the business forward
• Make suggestions to improve digital targeting for YouTube, social, and programmatic buys
• Manage and own all aspects of media plan execution including monitoring and evaluating campaigns while ensuring creative is delivered and/or trafficked on time
• Campaign maintenance ensuring quality control and adherence to overall media plan objectives
• Monitor plan and be able to pivot quickly if necessary
• Evaluate all media schedules, post analysis and digital analytics to provide insight on ensuring plans are delivering on desired goals
• Identify consumer behavior and trends that address the rapidly changing marketplace and share POVs with team
• Identify and share learnings from research and analytics to be used across departments
• Identify both internal and external media partners for synergistic promotional opportunities
• Meet with vendors to stay on top of new ad products and share learnings with team members while also maintaining strong relationships with media sales community
• Seek and evaluate strategic media opportunities, highlighting first-to-market executions
• Monitor and analyze competitive media and marketing strategies, with an eye towards indie-film and streaming
• 4 years of relevant experience, strong digital and social background preferred
• Outstanding communication skills, written and oral
• Candidate should demonstrate strong media planning and buying knowledge and be familiar with emerging media and new technology platforms
• Have solid understanding of how to identify and reach defined target audiences and determine most effective and efficient media mix
• Demonstrated ability to work with others as a collaborative team player
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to multitask in fast paced and ever-changing environment, without sacrificing attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.