Manager, Dp&A, Us
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
This person will support Distribution Planning & Analysis for US Content Sales.
Manage & Support deal analysis, availabilities and post-sale deal management for U.S. clients (linear, AVOD, SVOD):
• Support, and manage team that supports, TWDC's US sales team, Business Operations, Legal, Finance and Accounting in all licenses of TWDC content to US clients (linear, AVOD, SVOD), both pre-sale and post-sale.
• Provide robust deal analysis and content valuation for all such deals.
• Oversee the provision of accurate and timely availability of all content (films & series) for first and third party licensing, respecting complex holdbacks and restrictions stemming from existing licenses, underlying rights and/or music issues, various MVPD/BDU restrictions, and availability of assets.
• Administer and manage all such deals post-entry, e.g., draft and send notices (start dates, new seasons, etc.), license fee calculations, invoices
• Access avails and sales history reports on an ad hoc basis for Burbank senior management, audits, finance
• Track options, MFNs, deal expirations
• Liaise with servicing team and business operations on servicing issues.
• Assist legal with guild and participation audits
• Minimum 5 years in the media & entertainment industry
• Minimum 3 years of direct experience with media distribution
• Deep experience with financial modeling, complex financial analysis, advanced Excel skills and experience with analyzing large amounts of data
• Strong facility with contractual drafting, interpretation and analysis
• Proven track record in effectively managing and building strong relationships with a broad array of stakeholders
• Some experience in international media distribution
• Minimum Education High School Diploma and equivalent work exp
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.