Manager, Diversity & Inclusion
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/31/2018 9:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Manager, Diversity & Inclusion jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Diversity & Inclusion postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Diversity & Inclusion? Job Summary:
Diversity & Inclusion are critical enablers of this effort. To stay relevant in the market place, we strive to have the people and culture that enable us to surprise and delight our guests and audiences today and in the future.
The Diversity and Inclusion team serves as a center of excellence for the enterprise, leading the development of D&I business strategy, partnering with leadership across lines of business and global markets, providing subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices, and enhancing our inclusion brand both inside and outside the company.
The D&I Network Manager reports to the Director, D&I Cultural Programs for The Walt Disney Company, serving as thought partner for segments globally. This Manager will activate best practices for leveraging the informal structure of D&I practitioners across the enterprise.
• Develop a road map for the best use of informal D&I structures and making recommendations to COE leadership
• Develop and manage platform transparency and best practice sharing among networks
• Alert leadership of trends/risks rising from networks
• Co-creation of experiential learning opportunities for network members
• Co-creation of agenda/events associated with enterprise networks (i.e. councils, task forces, round tables)
• Partner with stakeholders (Management Audit, Legal, HR counterparts) to ensure the protection of sensitive data/insights
• Develop metrics/dashboards that allow better transparency of company performance and progress
• Ensure business segments have access to the right analytics and insights at the right time
• Establish and manage platform for sharing best inclusion practices for inclusive environments globally
• Develop and deploy ERG assessment tools that allow self-monitoring of effectiveness
• Partner with Communications to articulate stories of innovation, business agility and inclusive leadership
• Provide strong input into employer branding efforts to retain the best talent that reflects our market
• Establish methodology for increasing ERG visibility and impact globally
• Co-develop content for experiential learning opportunities for leaders, focusing on inclusion
• Establish platform to accelerate the development of ERG leaders through their roles
• Partner with L&D to leverage ERGs for scaling experiential learning opportunities
• Support VP/SVP on the operationalizing of top management accountability efforts
• Provide support/insights to HR counterparts on inclusive policy development
• Oversee the execution of safe spaces for employees and productive conversations around inclusion
• Serve as trusted counsel to business leaders on D&I matters
• Ensure global perspective is embedded in all efforts
• 5-7 years relevant experience in Diversity & Inclusion and Human Resources (e.g. employee relations, HR business partner, learning & development, organization development, and/or recruitment) or related professional experience Leads with the business in mind; thinks and acts strategically
• Challenges accepted wisdom
• Cultivates his/her own curiosity AND focuses on impact
• Has a compelling track record of leading or influencing transformation of team cultures
• Experienced in leading the integration of multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
• Moves quickly, with regular communication and visible progress against objectives
• Sees around the corner, understands long-term trends
• Builds concrete solutions
• Has built and motivated high-performing, cross functional and collaborative teams
• Effectively builds partnerships and influences stakeholders and decision-making at all levels of a complex, global organization
• Equally comfortable in quantitative and qualitative environments
• Manages focused, successful outcomes with outside partners
• Leads so that others choose to follow
• Communicates in clear and compelling ways (written/verbal) and adapts appropriately for the environment
To be successful, this leader needs to have four core characteristics:
• A keen mind for business and business performance
• Deep understanding of what drives business cultures
• A natural orientation to collaboration, with inherent understanding about when to lead and when to support
• The ability to garner trust from leaders at all levels
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Master's degree in a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company's powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you'll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.