Manager - Contract Administration
International Family Entertainment, Inc.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager – Contract Administration will be responsible for supporting Freeform, as well as its clients by collecting, analyzing, tracking, reporting data and administering contracts on a daily basis in a timely and accurate manner.
• Managing and supervising options tracking for all above the line talent agreements using SalesForce;
• Request and track option fee/purchase payments and draft letters for option payments.
• Draft pick up letters for above the line talent and License agreements.
• Review and approve final payments for Development and License fees.
• Enter and review all deal points for Production and Acquisition agreements, including amendments.
• Research and provide ad-hoc queries for Business and Legal Affairs from SalesForce.
• Process Minors' Paperwork and maintain data, including monthly reporting.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the Contract Administration team, Senior Leadership, Hub Leaders and Administrative Assistants, as well as other members of the Business Affairs and Legal Affairs Department while holding self and team members to a level of excellence.
• Additional duties may include: Data cleanup, Database testing of applications, and photo approvals.
• Expertise in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and database systems
• Strong internet research
• Tech savvy with current and new technology applications
• Expert analysis of contracts (review requested data and provide information/analysis to requestor; determine start and end of contracts/windows as needed)
• Paralegal or Contract Administration experience preferred
• Client management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Team player
• Time management/prioritization of deadlines
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Comfort with change and ambiguity
• Professional demeanor
• Attention to detail
• Strategic thinking
• Salesforce, Intradoc and Scenechronize experience
• Knowledge of television production/acquisitions and terminology
• Knowledge of screen credits process
• Union guild expertise
• Ideally five (5) years of experience working at a law firm, network or studio.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Paralegal certification or equivalent experience preferred.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.